All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > SimLeague Baseball > Why this annoying ad?
1/17/2014 6:08 PM
Posted by Area51man on 1/16/2014 12:46:00 AM (view original):
For many that see the ad, it blocks the first forum post on each page.  I got tired of it and downloaded Adblock Plus for free.  I was pleasantly surprised that it blocks the ads on Facebook as well.  :)
Big fat  for this post and I let admin know by dragging their feet and not removing it promptly owners are now aware of how to block all ads and MSN, whom I believe owns this site and can now explain to advertisers that owners now can opt out of their ads thanks to them.

They always tell us we want to hear and then drag their feet when we want something corrected and this time it will bite them in the ***!
1/17/2014 9:12 PM
Frazzman posted this in another thread unrelated to the ad, but after I did this little "fix", the ad didn't show up larger than the banner field anymore.  So it fixed both things.

"Under Tools (Alt+X) you can add www.whatifsports.com to your "Compatibility View Settings" and it will allow you to bold/ital/etc."
1/17/2014 11:00 PM
Good post skunkster...but I prefer blocking it.   
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
1/19/2014 1:37 PM
Below is the link to block all ads if you care too for free and it takes seconds.

https://adblockplus.org/en/chrome

https://adblockplus.org/en/internet-explorer
1/19/2014 4:30 PM
Is there a link for iPads?
1/19/2014 5:01 PM
Go to adblbock as I've been asked the same thing about Safari, etc. I think when you go to adblock using the browser you have it provides the link as I had to go in both of my browsers to get the two I did.
1/21/2014 10:43 AM
Downloaded Adblock for internet explorer. It blocks all ads......except the one this thread is about.
1/24/2014 10:59 AM
Looks like they finally resized the ad to fit. Good. That was really annoying.
of 2
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > SimLeague Baseball > Why this annoying ad?

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.