All Forums > General Discussion > Non-Sports > 2016 Presidential Race
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
6/25/2014 1:15 PM
Who fits that description in your opinion? I read where Cruz talked about when Republicans nominate conservatives for President they win and when they select moderates they lose. I get what he's saying but guys like Santorum instead of Romney or Huckabee instead of McCain would have been crushed by Obama as bad or perhaps worse.
6/25/2014 9:18 PM
Therein lies the problem. Personally, I am not convinced we have that candidate anywhere.

The conservative base cannot and will not carry an election. When we nominate an über-conservative candidate like Cruz, we please the base but we lose swing voters.

If I am being honest, I don't know enough about many of the candidates yet to give a qualified answer. I can speculate, but I'm not sure I'd be informed enough. I'll do some research over the next couple of days and present "my candidate."

As for now, I will say that Chris Christie was the guy I and many others saw as the guy for awhile. I thought it was his race to lose, now I am not so sure. I like Paul Ryan but I can't see him pulling enough votes. I like Ben Carson as well, but the fact that he has never served in politics makes me extremely nervous.
6/25/2014 9:48 PM
Like Obama.
6/26/2014 5:33 AM
Herman Cain

lmao
6/26/2014 10:03 AM
Cresty... racist to the core.
6/26/2014 2:51 PM
a Ted Cruz/ Allan West ticket.............PLEASE

LMAO!
8/2/2014 1:29 AM
More Ted Cruz. Convinced House Repubs to shutdown the government at the end of last year, and just managed to get House Repubs to not vote for a Boehner border bill that didn't have a chance of getting signed into law.

IF he ran, he'd likely have the backing of the majority of elected officials who choose to endorse candidates (many don't endorse until victory of one individual is clear, so they don't end up backing the wrong person). What I ponder is that Ted Cruz is an extremely intelligent man, and perhaps he knows that he'd be toast if he became the Republican nominee, is if he chooses not to run for President and instead tries to be Kingmaker in return for being named VP. This would allow him to be attack dog which he excels at, bringing conservatives to the polls, while whomever gets the nomination (Christie, Jeb, etc) can stay above the fray and moderate their positions to the public.
8/15/2014 7:42 PM
Gov. Rick (these glasses make me look smarter) Perry indicted for coercion+ abuse of power in Texas
8/15/2014 11:10 PM
Just read up on it... Perry threatens veto on a bill if District Attorney (who had a DUI) doesn't resign. DA doesn't resign, Perry vetoes bill. Question is if there is hard evidence of Perry making a direct veto threat if DA doesn't resign.
of 4
All Forums > General Discussion > Non-Sports > 2016 Presidential Race

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.