Guaranteed First Round Exit Topic

What's a surer omen for a first-round playoffs exit, 100+ Wins or Late Season Hot Streak?

Post your horror stories here.
4/14/2014 1:49 PM
Years ago when I played live, I had a Phillie franchise team in a modern era theme.  109 wins in the regular season, and the top two Cy Young candidates in '72 Steve Carlton and '67 Jim Bunning.  Naturally, the team got swept in the first round by an 80 win team.  My two Cy Young studs started all three games, and finished with playoff ERA's around 15.00.  As I recall, we got slaughtered in the 3 games by about a combined 45-5 score.  

And oh yeah, since the entire series was played live, I got to enjoy each and every at-bat as it unfolded on my screen.
4/14/2014 3:04 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
i have only had 1 100 win season and that season i had 67 carlos who was 34 for 34 in saves i don't remember his stats but i do remember they were awesome so sure enough game 5 carlos comes in to save the game in the ninth and gives up 2 runs, at that point i was 0-8 in playoff series so close and no cigar
4/14/2014 8:43 PM
100+ wins=kiss of death.
4/15/2014 11:08 AM

I saw this title of this thread.... And thought someone was talking about any TOC team I've ever had.

Sad but nearly true.  Only made it to 7 game series once or twice.

4/17/2014 8:39 AM
Had a team go 103-59 and got swept in the opening round by the wild card team. My team was out scored 15-2 in the series.
4/18/2014 11:41 PM
Guaranteed First Round Exit Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.