Disillusioned with WIS Topic

I have been a member of this site since 2001. It used to really be enjoyable and a lot of fun. However lately I have become really disillusioned with the site. A lot of my friends who played on the site of either dropped out or have dramatically reduced the number of teams they have. It seems no matter what type of league joined it's almost always with the same owners. Not that I have anything against any of them as they are a very good group of guys, but it gets boring playing against the same group of people over and over and over. I am at the point now where I'm seriously considering not doing this anymore. Have a lot of people left the site? It would seem so to me. I feel like admin is not as responsive as they used to be regards to ticket requests in general support. I may be wrong on that but that's just been my experience. Does anyone else feel the same way?
4/17/2014 1:45 PM

The site is a pale shell of what it used to be

- Support is lacking.
- Innovation is gone... 3 years since last update
- Theme leagues take forever to fill
- Few new owners are joining... Then when they join, the become easy prey to the sharks in the open leagues, and leave quickly, disillusioned
- Site cannibalized it's own user base with HBD causing fragmentation and both products to suffer

I feel like I'm in some post-apocapytic movie and I'm wandering around the carcass of a dead world. 

You're not alone.

4/17/2014 3:50 PM

POTY ^^^^^

Couldn't have said it better myself.

BRING BACK THE TURK!

4/17/2014 4:44 PM
You summed it up perfectly Biglen, well said.
4/17/2014 4:51 PM
If this site no longer functioned, I would be a lot more productive member of society.
4/18/2014 1:23 AM
Posted by je3rd on 4/17/2014 1:45:00 PM (view original):
I have been a member of this site since 2001. It used to really be enjoyable and a lot of fun. However lately I have become really disillusioned with the site. A lot of my friends who played on the site of either dropped out or have dramatically reduced the number of teams they have. It seems no matter what type of league joined it's almost always with the same owners. Not that I have anything against any of them as they are a very good group of guys, but it gets boring playing against the same group of people over and over and over. I am at the point now where I'm seriously considering not doing this anymore. Have a lot of people left the site? It would seem so to me. I feel like admin is not as responsive as they used to be regards to ticket requests in general support. I may be wrong on that but that's just been my experience. Does anyone else feel the same way?
ditto
4/19/2014 8:38 AM
Where are the Crestens of yesteryear?
4/19/2014 8:49 AM
4/20/2014 11:52 AM
time for a boycott
4/24/2014 2:46 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I've left.  

I come back every few weeks to see if there's been an update.  I joined in 2004 and really enjoyed the challenge of figuring out new strategies after each update. Whatifsports claimed 600,000 members in 2009, but it seems Fox wants to see this site wither on the vine rather than killing it outright or keeping it alive with updated interfaces, engines, etc.  How else do we take the absolutely useless customer service and repeatedly broken promises of an update?

It's too bad.  The basic premise of WIS is super cool.

4/28/2014 3:46 AM
As it has been said several times before...the friends made here are the main reason I stay. 
4/28/2014 5:05 AM
Posted by elbirdo on 4/27/2014 1:40:00 AM (view original):
If I wasn't playing on their dime, I wouldn't be playing.

This has actually become a chore and a distraction.
Same boat
4/28/2014 10:22 AM
There's nothing about this site to even have a heated discussion anymore, (which I miss in my own twisted way).  I think we will never see the promised update. The game is like watching paint dry, and it seems only a matter of time that it will just collapse. Elbirdo is right on for me also, when my credits are gone so am I.
4/29/2014 10:27 AM
.I feel the same way. I no longer enjoy this site the way I used to.
4/29/2014 4:23 PM
1234 Next ▸
Disillusioned with WIS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.