Helping HD Grow Topic

How can we, as a community, help spread HD and begin to fill the game up.

I've been playing since 2006 and I enjoy it to this day, I'd love to get more people involved but I don't know how.
4/21/2014 11:40 AM
This is something I been doing on my own for a while by spreading Hoops Dynasty Ads I made with a link to the website. I post my ads on facebook and local websites for the state of virginia (like the virgina high school league forum during basketball season).

I don't know if I got any to join or not since I don't do by email to receive credit.
4/22/2014 9:57 AM
Posted by vamrbball on 4/22/2014 9:57:00 AM (view original):
This is something I been doing on my own for a while by spreading Hoops Dynasty Ads I made with a link to the website. I post my ads on facebook and local websites for the state of virginia (like the virgina high school league forum during basketball season).

I don't know if I got any to join or not since I don't do by email to receive credit.
That's a terrific idea!
4/22/2014 10:22 AM
I write for a sports blog, and on at least one occasion, I wrote an entire article comparing my HD strategy to real life. I know at least one reader ended up getting a team, although he hasn't quite jumped in with both feet like I have. Not sure if any others did. 
4/22/2014 12:09 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 4/22/2014 12:09:00 PM (view original):
I write for a sports blog, and on at least one occasion, I wrote an entire article comparing my HD strategy to real life. I know at least one reader ended up getting a team, although he hasn't quite jumped in with both feet like I have. Not sure if any others did. 
I checked out the thing a commenter linked too - way to basic (not even players by position?). Played as Syracuse (still in Beast...grr). Kept 3 current players at start, recruited 2 and took 2 walkons. We had 2 srs *1 a walk on) and 6 freshmen 1st season. Went 1-13 first season, but the 1 win was over Georgetown at home, so BIG THUMBS UP 
4/22/2014 1:14 PM
Dac, I will play that when I'm really bored. It passes the time, but it's not strategy at all. Fun little minigame for sure. 
4/22/2014 8:10 PM
I offered to do a commission only sales thing for them back in 2004 and they declined...the story of our lives.
4/22/2014 11:12 PM
If the developers have no interest in growing HD, why should we?
4/23/2014 12:48 AM
I have a pretty successful basketball facebook page. It's really simple to get likes and spread the word. All WIS would have to do is get a bunch of kids to comment on things and you get likes. Unbelievable how apathetic WIS is, they sit on a gold mine that no one knows about and abuse their customers (1 update a year if we're lucky LOL, yet the price stays the same, and we keep buying seasons).
4/23/2014 1:34 AM
Posted by tannermcc on 4/21/2014 11:40:00 AM (view original):
How can we, as a community, help spread HD and begin to fill the game up.

I've been playing since 2006 and I enjoy it to this day, I'd love to get more people involved but I don't know how.
I don't know, tanner.  I've been playing for 10 years and, like you, still find it fun.  Fox has tremendous marketing power.  Every world could be filled if they just put in the effort. 
4/23/2014 8:48 AM
With all the Fox Sports programming they have as captive, you would think just a small bit of effort would reap rewards.  I still think HD is fun too.
4/23/2014 10:34 AM
What about a "Fans of Hoops Dynasty" group page on Facebook. Coaches can join, tell a little about themselves, their programs...and most importantly, the game of HD itself? Try to recruit new coaches through that medium would be a different approach. We all LOVE the game, no matter how frustrating it gets, and we want to see it grow and prosper.

Just my two cents.
4/23/2014 2:03 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 4/23/2014 12:48:00 AM (view original):
If the developers have no interest in growing HD, why should we?
I understand your sentiment, but here's the short answer....

Because it makes the game more enjoyable for us. 

Lets face it, we're addicted.....and the game always improves with more human players. 

An analogy: It's the same reason I fix things around my rental house.....my landlord won't do crap for me, and I would prefer my house to be livable. I love my neighborhood and my cheap rent, so I'm not moving anytime soon. Therefore, I fix things up even though it's my landlord's responsibility. 
4/24/2014 12:12 PM
Anyone wanna make that f book page?
4/24/2014 12:27 PM
Posted by halfakracka on 4/24/2014 12:27:00 PM (view original):
Anyone wanna make that f book page?
I could do it halfakracka...should be able to get started on it later this afternoon. I should be able to post a link for it.
4/24/2014 1:46 PM
12 Next ▸
Helping HD Grow Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.