5/20/2014 7:09 PM
I was looking at some themes in the baseball forum and found this. Not sure it`s been done in hockey. Please read story. It`s cute.

There's a great story of baseball lore (which some have said isn't true, but baseball fans never let the truth get in the way of a good story) where Rickey Henderson, after playing with John Olerud on the Mets in 1999, was reunited with him on the Mariners in 2000 after signing with the team halfway through the season. Supposedly, Henderson went up to Olerud during batting practice one day and asked him why he wore a batting helmet for BP, to which Olerud explained to him that he'd had an aneurysm earlier in his career. Henderson said, "There was a guy I played with on the Mets that wore a batting helmet for BP." Which forced Olerud to remind Rickey that they were teammates on the Mets.

The idea would be to pick teammates who get reunited, i.e. Mark Messier and Esa Tikannen Edmonton 1984-85 and later NY Rangers 1993-94. You draft your team from the 2 teams of those years and then twist them. Let say 125K. No www, no clones etc.

5/21/2014 11:50 AM
I'll join Mark.. I'm not sure who I'll pick right now tho
5/21/2014 2:03 PM
One question: Is it the 1st year they play together, then when they get reunited ?
5/21/2014 3:39 PM
People dont seem impressed. Any season they played together (doesnt have to be the 1st year) and then when they get reunited (again, doesnt have to be the same year)
5/22/2014 2:05 PM
I actually participated many times in the baseball version of this theme.

I'll join. My unlikely duo. Wayne Gretzky - Marty McSorley. 1985-86 Edmonton Oilers and 1989-90 Los Angelos Kings.
5/24/2014 9:37 AM
thanks fatboydad.
6/11/2014 10:10 AM
I don't think this league will go on, but if so: Jean Ratelle and Brad Park

6/14/2014 9:17 PM
Messier Tikkanen if it goes

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.