SOTF: Winner Announced Topic

Posted by ghutton9 on 8/13/2014 10:52:00 AM (view original):
How is the double header going to be handled for this challenge?
Hopefully everyone else has their picks in and didn't realize it so we'll benefit.
8/13/2014 11:03 AM
The originally scheduled game for the day is what counts
8/13/2014 12:14 PM
Posted by stevedotdec on 8/13/2014 2:38:00 AM (view original):
Just curious, have the numbers we picked at the start of the game come into play yet (used for picking teams/captains maybe), or is that for something else down the road?
Been using them for teams.
8/13/2014 12:14 PM
Posted by csudak on 8/13/2014 12:14:00 PM (view original):
Which one is the originally scheduled game (and that's pretty unfair, honestly....)
8/13/2014 12:18 PM
Posted by tropicana on 8/13/2014 12:18:00 PM (view original):
Which one is the originally scheduled game (and that's pretty unfair, honestly....)
The first game is the originally scheduled game.  That's the game that has the pitchers that were scheduled to pitch today in it.
8/13/2014 2:17 PM
Posted by stevedotdec on 8/13/2014 2:17:00 PM (view original):
The first game is the originally scheduled game.  That's the game that has the pitchers that were scheduled to pitch today in it.
And therein lies the problem -- I think time-wise the later game was the originally scheduled....which is why waiting to send your picks in, though dangerous because of tie-breaking possibilities, was a choice that could have been made and been a bang-or-bust proposition.

Hence why I say it is a little unfair to say one game over the other. You wouldn't have let someone who bid highly to buy Homer Bailey on Monday change their picks after the news came out he wasn't starting on Tuesday night. So why shouldn't both games count? You wait so you have the most information possible.
8/13/2014 2:52 PM
Posted by tropicana on 8/13/2014 2:52:00 PM (view original):
And therein lies the problem -- I think time-wise the later game was the originally scheduled....which is why waiting to send your picks in, though dangerous because of tie-breaking possibilities, was a choice that could have been made and been a bang-or-bust proposition.

Hence why I say it is a little unfair to say one game over the other. You wouldn't have let someone who bid highly to buy Homer Bailey on Monday change their picks after the news came out he wasn't starting on Tuesday night. So why shouldn't both games count? You wait so you have the most information possible.
I looked at it the same way, I figured the early game was the make up game, since the game for today was originally scheduled to start at 7:05
8/13/2014 2:58 PM
Correct, the night game is the one that counts.  It was the orginally scheduled game when the challenge was posted. 

I'm stuck at work and don't have time to post the picks until about 5pm just so everyone knows.
8/13/2014 3:03 PM
That's a seriously bad decision. really bogus.
8/13/2014 3:33 PM
Casey and nyaggie are right, I was wrong.  The night game is the game that was originally scheduled.  Usually series finale's are afternoon games so the road team can get on a plane, but in this case, the night game is the game that was scheduled, so it makes sense that that's the game that counts.
8/13/2014 3:56 PM
It literally makes no sense that both games don't count. I wish people world stop saying that.
8/13/2014 4:22 PM
  Team 1   Team 2   Team 3   Team 4   Team 5  
SP                    
1 Tomlin   Lohse   Archer   Ryu   Kennedy  
2 Peavy   Gibson   Leake   Zimmerman   Iwakuma  
3 Leake   Tillman   Kazmir   Santana   Weaver  

RP                    
1 Street   NO   Davis   Jansen   Allen  
2 Benoit   RP   Smith   Cishek   Kimbrel  
3 Rodney   PICKED   Oday   Soriano   Rodriguez  

IF                    
1 M Cabrera   Tulowitzki   Donaldson   Abreu   Kipnis  
2 A Gonzalez   Altuve   Adams   Rizzo   Trumbo  
3 A Pujols   Cano   Beltre   Frazier   Castro  

OF                    
1 Cespedes   M Cabrera   Brantley   Stanton   Kemp  
2 A Jones   McCutchen   Braun   Trout   Gomez  
3 J Upton   Puig   Gordon   Bautista   G Polanco  

Team                    
1 San Fransico   Minnesota   Milwaukee   Seattle   Cleveland  
2 Cincy   Baltimore   Tampa Bay   LA Dodgers   San Diego  
3 Miami   Detroit   Washington   Pittsburgh   Anaheim  

Total   Total   Total   Total   Total  
8/13/2014 4:47 PM
Posted by tropicana on 8/13/2014 4:22:00 PM (view original):
It literally makes no sense that both games don't count. I wish people world stop saying that.
The challenge was posted on SATURDAY NIGHT on the premise that the games scheduled AS OF THAT NIGHT were the games for the challenge.  The night game is the only game that counts.
8/13/2014 4:49 PM
Posted by tropicana on 8/13/2014 2:52:00 PM (view original):

You logic on not changing picks is wrong.  Teams have until the deadline to change any picks they want, with the caveat being that is considered their submisstion for the order received.  That actually happens more often than you think with these challenges.
8/13/2014 4:54 PM
One would argue that team have until the deadline to change to bidding higher on the team with a doubleheader until the last minute as well, and so paying attention to an added game should be rewarded, but I digress.

Obviously, I have the same horse in the race as tropicana, but I also happen to agree anyway.

Best of luck to all.

8/13/2014 5:11 PM
◂ Prev 1...20|21|22|23|24...52 Next ▸
SOTF: Winner Announced Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.