Geography League Draft Order Topic

1988  Bryan Harvey  RP  - Appalachia
7/23/2014 11:01 PM
Round 22: 

shawbigred Texarkana                                         P Cliff Lee 2003      
cleonjones Midwest Progressivism Hal Newhouser P 1940 and California 1990 on (from grayfoxx)  Freddy Sanchez 3B/SS 2005     
bubloo   Dixie (from mini157)                       Camden Yards    
stroh23   Ohio                                                   P Jeff Montgomery 1988        
benfc   New York                                                         Heinie Groh 2B 1913        
mini157   Down the Mississippi (from bublooo)        Elston Howard C/OF 1955        
crazyamos   Illinois Jason Isringhausen, P (1995) and Rest of the World (from bagchucker)  Koji Uehara P 2009        
italyprof   Stagecoach                                    Lindy McDaniel P 1956      
dnmchill   New England                                 1B  Del Bissonette  1928      
coloradokid Appalachia                                    Bryan Harvey  RP 1988      
cardsfan   Atlantic Coast                              Chris Sale, P-2011      
bagchucker traded pick      
sooners07 Caribbean                                 Bernie Williams OF 1991      
shysters3   Pennsylvania                            Frank Smith P 1904      
chargingryno California pre-1990              OF - Augie Galan 1934      
grayfoxx   traded pick      

7/25/2014 3:35 PM (edited)
You all have reduced me to being the straight man. This is bad. 
7/24/2014 5:01 AM
sooners07 and dnmchill have yet to pick in round 22.

The weather forecast calls for screaming singles-hitting meteors (Mickey Mantle actually said once "If I had made my career hitting singles like  Pete (Rose) , I would wear a dress."),so religious figures and extinct reptiles should stay indoors, for ova to be fertilized in time for Opening Day, and for  professors whom it is like herding cats to get to follow even their own rigid rules, oh, and 5 more ballparks that we may have a panoramic view of the geography of the geography league. 

7/24/2014 5:21 AM (edited)
New England  -  1B  Del Bissonette  1928
7/24/2014 7:57 AM
One of the great things about this kind of league Mr Italy is what you learn during the research

For instance - In many articles they described how Hal Newhouser vs Bob Feller was THE Marquee AL pitching matchup from the late thirties to 1950

They used to sellout cavernous Cleveland Stadium (76,000!) when they faced off!

Now in the same clubhouse, could be a bit dicey :)
7/24/2014 11:09 AM
Teammates - lots of funny stuff for all of us I'm sure.

I've got Albert Belle and Ted Williams - how would that pair (for a couple of years at least, they'll be 2/3 of my starting OF) go over with the fans and local press?!?

And how would Ed Walsh, King Kelly, Buck Ewing, Ed Reulbach, Cupid Childs (whoops - giving away my next pick here!) feel about a clubhouse that had Pedro Martinez and Roberto Alomar speaking Spanish, Koji Uehara Japanese, and so on?

Interesting stuff....

7/24/2014 12:04 PM
The irony crazyamos is that while Ted was at least as ornery as Albert, he may have been the most tolerant person on racial and ethnicity issues of any of the people that you have drafted ! If you had Ty Cobb now....
7/24/2014 12:06 PM
Absolutely - a lot of people don't realize one of Ted's parents was Mexican. The Sox brass in the 40s and 50s acted like flaming racists, but not Ted.
7/24/2014 12:20 PM
I did not know that about Ted's parents. cool. Ted Williams, Mexican-American.

I heard from sooners07 who said he will be on line later this evening and said we should start the next round. I don't want to make a habit or a precedent of this, just an exception this once to recognize that we have one owner in our league community who for these weeks due to a move has specific problems getting online for more than a short time each day. 

But we can start round 23. I will ask shawbigred if, since he has Caribbean in this round which sooners07 has yet to pick from in the last round, that he hold off 2-3 hours to give sooners a fighting chance to get his pick in from the previous round as a courtesy. 

Here is round 23: 

Round 23: 

bubloo   Ohio        
stroh23   Appalachia      
benfc   Texarkana      
dnmchill   Down the Mississippi    
mini157   Midwest Progressivism    
sooners07 Illinois        
shysters3   Calfornia 1990 on      
chargingryno New York        
italyprof   Stagecoach      
bagchucker Rest of the World      
cardsfan   California pre-1990      
grafoxx   traded pick        
shawbigred Caribbean      
cleonjones Pennsylvania and Dixie (from grayfoxx)       
coloradokid New England      
crazyamos   Atlantic Coast
7/24/2014 3:05 PM
If you heard from Sooners maybe he could give you the proxy??
7/24/2014 3:11 PM
1924 Chick Hafey, OF for Pre 1990 Cal.
7/24/2014 3:12 PM
I don't think he has a lot of time to get the research done until work ends, benfc. 
7/24/2014 3:16 PM
From Stagecoach, Tim Lincecum P 2007
7/24/2014 3:19 PM
From Atlantic, Cupid Childs, 2B - 1890
7/24/2014 3:23 PM
◂ Prev 1...48|49|50|51|52...65 Next ▸
Geography League Draft Order Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.