$90 Mil 168 Player Blacklist league - Full!! Topic

Only need 7!
7/18/2014 7:47 PM
Looks like fun... get rid of dirtbag Denny McLain
7/18/2014 8:15 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 7/18/2014 8:15:00 PM (view original):
Looks like fun... get rid of dirtbag Denny McLain
Excellent!  Doc, it has been quite a while since we have crossed paths.  I hope all is well!
7/18/2014 8:45 PM
Yeah, I've had an interesting couple of years...I really needed a break, and there really was no time for this stuff anyway...things are a lot more stable now...I asked Scott(sford) about reviving the Big Dick identical Roster league, it may be showing up again fairly soon...Viva la Dick Burns and Johnny Dickshot!

The forums were so active. All the funny pics, the smacktalk, the idiot in Florida with the Cadillac that whined in CAPS...we drove admin nuts...
7/18/2014 10:48 PM (edited)
I was running so many leagues at once...rule v, tagteam, original franchise, progressives, blacklist leagues, it had gotten out of hand. I don't know how guys like schwarze continue to do it...I've gone thru notes, we did some fun stuff. I'm trying to find the rules for the blind auction league Jose and I put together...
7/18/2014 9:58 PM
Is a shame the old stuff didn't get archived...
7/18/2014 9:59 PM
The early Tagteam seasons, and Rule V were my favs....Tagteam saw some great owners get their ***** kicked...it was war. I think what made it great was the level of involvement. Everyone was hanging on every post in the forum thread. People were chiming in from work, afraid they'd miss their draft slots...it became serious. And a sickness...JohnnyGPF probably suffered as bad a burnout as me...it was a blast
7/18/2014 10:13 PM (edited)
Yeah, those were the days...  I can't remember if we ever teamed up for tag team, but I remember doing a couple of seasons with Dennisdee  and dan3768 (?).  I almost resurrected the identical roster theme about 6 months ago with Scott's permission, but got busy.  I remember about 10-11 years ago when I had 30ish teams at a time.  That was crazy. (of course that was when they were dirt cheap.)  I was learning how to play the game in open leagues, but we had a TON of great theme leagues going on and I couldn't resist getting thumped by all the veterans.  Of course, it seems like this site is just a shell of what it used to be, but I still enjoy a few leagues at a time.
7/19/2014 2:28 AM
Come on you old guys, focus!  Just kidding, I remember some of the stuff you guys are talking about.

I think we are still at "need 7" status.  From all the whining I hear in other leagues about, "Boo Hoo, I face Joss every game....", I can't imagine this takes much longer to fill.

Kudos again, A51Man.  I was thinking of making my team name the, "Rendlesham Time Walkers."

7/19/2014 4:23 AM
Haha, yes.  We still need 7.  And you won't be facing Joss or most of the usual suspects.  This league forces you to be a little more creative in your player selection and team building skills.  
7/19/2014 12:48 PM
I'm in.... let's scrap A-Rod
7/19/2014 3:54 PM
Welcome!  Only 5 spots left!
7/19/2014 8:02 PM
I would like to try this. I would scrap George Brett
7/20/2014 9:19 AM
I'll give it another try- Jose Offerman
7/20/2014 1:34 PM
Thanks for joining!  Only 3 spots left!!
7/20/2014 6:33 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...7 Next ▸
$90 Mil 168 Player Blacklist league - Full!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.