This dual season progressive will start with years 1885/1961
1. Draft - Serpentine style draft randomized with rounds 1-28. The additional 3 players will be minor league players Subsequent drafts will maximum 5 rounds. The first year draft will utilize almost all the players available. As we know once 1969 hits we will have a full draft pool. Any player that I missed on the available player list can still be drafted as long as his season is eligible that season.
2. Each roster will be 25 with a 3 man minor league to carry over to the next year. Players can only stay in the minors for 3 years before being released back in the draft pool. When assigned minor league players put (#) next to them for each time in the minors. I will be checking old rosters. at the 120 game mark the forum for keepers will go up. Please list player in there primary position, sometimes mistakes are made and commishes place a player on the available player list that was meant to be a keeper. Also, it is the owners responsibility to doublecheck to make sure no errors are made or players missed.
3. DH - No DH
4. AAA - 6/2 below average that can be utilized as you wish. Real names will be used.
5. Stadium - when you sign up pick any stadium that WIS has to offer. It does not have to be within the years we are playing with. Stadium must be kept for at least 5 seasons. At the end of the 5th season you can use a draft pick to select a new stadium(additional draft pick will be given). Stadiums will be exclusive.
6. Odds and Ends
a. So why only 5 rounds each season - This is to prevent picking one year wonders and actually building a franchise
b. well I don't have enough players - Then you will be assigned 200K scrubs that must be immediately moved to the minors and not used the entire season or you will be ineligible for the postseason. That player can also not be used for trading it is essentially a dead player.
c. Disabled List - you may place any number of players on the disabled list if they do not have a WIS eligible season. This does not count towards your minor league or team total.
7. Attrition rules - I'm deciding to make rules up for teams that are new to the league to have people interested in joining when owners drop out.
A, New Owner can immediately pick a new stadium
B. New Onwers will get an additional draft pick at the end of the first round (they still will only get 5 picks)
8. Naming Convention - Please use (City or state or County or Country) and a mascot (Ex. Plattsburgh Pistons). The reason is you will be geographically linked by your name to the division you will be in.
9. Founders Credit - I want to have fun with the founders credit. Each year will be a specific stat that will be the goal. It will be decided by me the first year and by the last place team in subsequent years. The team with the best of that stat at the end of year will win the founders credit. Only restictions it must be a positive stat like lowest ERA, lowest WHIP, most triples, most stolen bases, no most passed balls or most errors.
10. Lottery - you must achieve 35 wins to qualify for a 4 team weighed lottery by the120 game mark. Teams with identical win loss/records will be judged by head-to-head results to determine order.
11. Trading - Trading is allowed and encouraged. If trading draft picks please only trade 1 season ahead max. 6 votes will constitute a veto.
12. No Waiver Wire and No salary Cap
13. Years overlook