Mike Hessman - The real life Crash Davis Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
cool
7/27/2014 7:07 PM
Thanks so much for posting this history Bootone, I never heard of Hessman, and you are right, his real life utterly parallels the character played by Costner in that great movie. 

The Toledo Mud Hens are legendary yet I confess I know almost nothing about the team, its history or its league. I need to study up on them. Thanks again for the incentive.
7/28/2014 5:41 AM
Fun read. Thanks for the post!
7/28/2014 12:03 PM
good story bootone. I read about Hessman about a month ago somewhere. Not many guys are probably willing to stick around that long in the minors. I would be curious to know what kind of money he has made as a career MiL guy.
7/29/2014 2:28 AM
Great read, Al!
7/29/2014 4:44 AM
Posted by seamar_116 on 7/29/2014 2:28:00 AM (view original):
good story bootone. I read about Hessman about a month ago somewhere. Not many guys are probably willing to stick around that long in the minors. I would be curious to know what kind of money he has made as a career MiL guy.
He made 42 Million in 2011 playing in Japan.  Of course that was in Yen...but still that's about 408,000 American Dollars.  
7/31/2014 6:04 PM
nice read...thanks
8/1/2014 8:57 AM
Mike Hessman - The real life Crash Davis Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.