How much do you need a start a quanantee starter? Topic

I've heard from other HD players that you don't need to start a guarantee starter for every game. During non-conference games I like mixing up my lineups and also giving my bench players an opportunity to start against very weak opponents. What percentage of games do they need to start in order to not offend them and make their WE start dropping?
7/31/2014 11:27 PM
22-23.  If the starts are all lumped together, especially at the beginning of the season, they may still complain though.  So its best to spread them out
7/31/2014 11:39 PM
I thought I read 75 maybe 80% of the regular season.  No worries about any postseason, conference, national, or invite.  One of the more experienced coaches will probably correct me if I am wrong there
7/31/2014 11:49 PM
It doesn't include exhibition games either right?
8/1/2014 1:49 AM
As far as I know that is correct, it does not.
8/1/2014 2:00 AM
you can try 80% but it was tightened a couple of years ago, so I think at least a bunch of guys will complain at 80%
8/1/2014 2:45 AM
21/26 starts always works for me, and I frequently start 21 straight and then bench the last 5 with no problems.  I believe 80% works for everyone, but you have to be careful to not let it dip below 80% early on.  They also "check" at intervals instead of every single night, so that can play tricks.  Just keep it above 80% the whole season.

Promised *minutes* are a little different in my experience.  Usually 80% will work, but some players seem to want as much as 90%.  I've never had anyone want more than 90% of the promise.

8/1/2014 9:19 AM
Posted by killbatman on 8/1/2014 9:19:00 AM (view original):
21/26 starts always works for me, and I frequently start 21 straight and then bench the last 5 with no problems.  I believe 80% works for everyone, but you have to be careful to not let it dip below 80% early on.  They also "check" at intervals instead of every single night, so that can play tricks.  Just keep it above 80% the whole season.

Promised *minutes* are a little different in my experience.  Usually 80% will work, but some players seem to want as much as 90%.  I've never had anyone want more than 90% of the promise.

this is on the money. its promised minutes that were changed from 80%, not starts, all players are still ok at 80%. as kb said, if you go under 80% early, the guy usually will complain (unless you get back over 80 before he "checks"). however, the guy will not leave as long as you make it right so its not that big of a deal, you do lose all his work ethic growth for the season though and maybe a couple more, so it can definitely cost you in the high single digits of work ethic. definitely better to save your games for tough conf play games, rather than tough non conf games (assuming you are pulling the freshman to put in someone better). its also true that after the last game of the regular season, you don't need to worry (but you can still make things right, i believe, in the CT, or something - never happened to me but a few have mentioned it here - so if you are OK, you can ignore going into the CT, but if hes still complaining, you might not be screwed yet - keep starting him). and yes exhibition games don't count.
8/1/2014 10:37 AM
How much do you need a start a quanantee starter? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.