Paul George Topic

GAH!

Pacers had a chance in the East. Their offseason consisted of losing Lance Stephenson and replacing him with a Rodney Stuckey / CJ Miles duo, that made them worse in overall talent but perhaps better in team cohesiveness.

This injury sticks a fork in them, obviously. I imagine they'll play the Derrick Rose maneuver where they just sit him out the whole season while they end up being 1st round fodder for someone. I think with the Wizards and Cavs growth, this shuts the door on any Pacers title chances. Paul George can still be part of the next good Pacers team, but you never know how he'll come back from this, and since he's the only youthful asset it'll take years for them to get back to being a contender in the East.
8/2/2014 12:15 AM
Yikes...gruesome.  
8/2/2014 10:22 AM
I've just never been a fan of these guys playing outside the NBA.   Just not worth throwing away a season and possibly a career.    
8/2/2014 12:16 PM
It'll be interesting to see if they try and move Hibbert now. Who knows if anyone values him after the way he played in the playoffs.
8/2/2014 4:29 PM
I assume they will try to feature him early in the year to recoup some trade value.. 

I would probably try to dump him and West..
8/2/2014 4:57 PM
Paul George Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.