All Forums > Hardball Dynasty Baseball > Hardball Dynasty > Can anyone make a case for this guy to start at SS
8/9/2014 7:34 PM
The player is Felix Wilson. I am playing in Seattle and never had a SS that can field like that. So I don't know how much his glove and range will help on a game to game basis. 

Can he be more then a bench player? 
8/9/2014 8:36 PM
Take a look at my starting SS Donaldo Rodriguez in DBacks. He has a 89 range and a 92 glove rating and his hitting ratings are 50 contact, 13 power, 61 vs L, 58 vs R, and 47 eye. With those ratings he has put up a .216 / .284 / .224 hitting line over 491 AB.
8/9/2014 8:46 PM
He looks more like a backup/pinch runner at the major league level to me.
8/10/2014 5:57 AM
His glove is a little weak, I look for 85, but if you have the hitting to cover for his lack thereof, I'd play him at SS.   I never skimp at SS fielding and routinely have guys who OPS .550-650.
8/10/2014 7:23 PM
He'll get his share of infield hits, bunt hits and sacrifices. Plus his power will get him about ten homers, and he'll get a fair amount of walks and plenty of steals. He'll be acceptable for a bottom of the lineup guy. Defensively, I agree that his glove is below average, but not egregiously so. His range and arm accuracy should make up for any damage the glove might cause.
All Forums > Hardball Dynasty Baseball > Hardball Dynasty > Can anyone make a case for this guy to start at SS

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.