When looking for Offensive advantages Topic

What matters more ATH/SPD or DEF.

I scroll through teams and look at who is low in those 3 categories but when I identify a Example : PG with 40 DEF 78 SPD and I have a PG with 65PER and 75SPD and 65BH I know this would be in my advantage but in the end does the DEF matter more or the SPD? Same goes for PF C if I'm looking at a PF with 40 ATH and 80 DEF and my PF has 60 ATH 40 LP or vice versa what should I worry about more?
8/13/2014 12:41 PM
I look at SPD/DEF/DEF IQ for perimeter players and ATH/DEF/DEF IQ for big men. I give the DEF rating more weight if the player has an A- or better IQ.
8/13/2014 1:33 PM
The popular wisdom is that SPD & DEF are more important in perimeter defense and ATH & DEF are more crucial to interior defense...as I would see it, a 75 SPD & 65 PER guy isn't gonna dominate the 78 SPD & 40 DEF player if he takes a large portion of his shots from the outside.
8/13/2014 1:36 PM
But is there a attribute that matters more between SPD and DEF, I agree those are the most important but do you give more wieght to DEF or more wieght to SPD.
8/13/2014 1:47 PM
DEF. Always.
8/13/2014 1:51 PM
Ok so if I'm facing a PG with 35 DEF and 77 SPD and my PG has 85 PER and 80 SPD and 65 BH I should in theory be pretty efficient using 0 for tendency and giving him high distro.
8/13/2014 2:08 PM
In theory, yes...but remember, scoring doesn't happen in a vacuum, your still gonna need players with good BH/PS around him in order to maximize that efficiency.
8/13/2014 2:25 PM
What about looking at say PF, Example a guy with 40 ATH 77 LP facing a 50 DEF and 55 ATH, is it worth distro in him or is his ATH too low?
8/13/2014 2:36 PM
In that specific case, I would also take into account what the defenders BLK rating was...if it was low (>40) then you might have a good chance of scoring efficiently, but if it's high (<60) then you probably wouldn't want to make that player the focal point of the offense.
8/13/2014 2:48 PM
K thanks everyone! Super helpful, still learning and some of my losses baffle me and the first time ever I'm having trouble finding effecient offense as most of some of players are not flat our good in both categories
8/13/2014 2:55 PM
When looking for Offensive advantages Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.