Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

I'm just guessing on the rationale, which is stupid to try and do. It's like trying to understand why white people flip cars and throw beer bottles at cops.
11/26/2014 3:22 PM
Posted by The Taint on 11/26/2014 3:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 11/26/2014 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/26/2014 1:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 11/26/2014 12:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/26/2014 10:36:00 AM (view original):
Let's say Wilson was indicted on murder/manslaughter.   Goes to trial.    Line of witnesses are paraded thru the courtroom.   Testimony is, of course, thrown out by any of them that initially stated Wilson shot Brown in the back while he was lying on the ground.   Jury finds Wilson not guilty of all charges.    Do we get protests/riots?
Good question. I would guess yes, but maybe with more media coverage and enough time to pass where everyone can understand that Wilson really is most likely innocent, there wouldn't be.
Your guess of "yes" is correct.    The people who are rioting would have rioted with a not guilty verdict in a trial.   Hell, some of them would have probably been disappointed with a guilty verdict because they'd have had to find another reason to loot.
They save it for sporting events.
Imagine if the Lakers won a championship in 94! Oh well.
11/26/2014 3:22 PM
Let's not pretend that's a white thing. 
11/26/2014 3:23 PM
BTW, Natalie is black.   Do you think she's worried about the systematic racism in America or just getting her shop repaired so she can get back to making a living?
11/26/2014 3:24 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I would guess she's worried about a racist PD and also her store.

Wouldn't it be funny if we found she trashed her own store?
11/26/2014 3:25 PM
Posted by The Taint on 11/26/2014 3:24:00 PM (view original):
Pretty flawed investigation through and through. A bunch of irregularities in the evidence collecting procedure.
Do you think that's a black/white thing or a cop thing?  
11/26/2014 3:26 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 11/26/2014 3:26:00 PM (view original):
I would guess she's worried about a racist PD and also her store.

Wouldn't it be funny if we found she trashed her own store?
My guess is Natalie has had no run-ins with the FPD.

And, as much as I hate to admit it, the 2nd sentence made me LOL.
11/26/2014 3:27 PM
Posted by The Taint on 11/26/2014 3:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/26/2014 3:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 11/26/2014 3:24:00 PM (view original):
Pretty flawed investigation through and through. A bunch of irregularities in the evidence collecting procedure.
Do you think that's a black/white thing or a cop thing?  
I don't know how inept they normally are.
I'll spell it out for you.   Cops are a brotherhood.  

Do you think they'd be as thorough in investigating a cop shooting a civilian as they would be in investigating a civilian shooting a cop?
11/26/2014 3:35 PM
Posted by moy23 on 11/26/2014 3:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/26/2014 3:18:00 PM (view original):
Natalie's Cakes and More has received more than 100k in donations since her shop was damaged in the riots.    My guess is the FPD didn't donate that money.
That's what's so stupid. Instead of using Mike Browns death for good its 'Burn this ***** Down".

I knew a girl who's sister bled to death in a car accident over 20 years ago because 1st responders like police and firemen didn't know basic first aid. This girls mother didn't drum up support for a riot - instead she drummed up donations and formed a not for profit that now has helped pass laws requiring first responders to know basic first aid. The foundation also teaches things like CPR to children in schools around the country and all kinds of other great stuff.

Sharpton and the Stepdad shouldn't be crying foul.... They should be facilitating lasting change the right way, legally, and people would support that - including whites.
I still don't know the "message" or the "change" they should be seeking.

You can't ******* steal **** and then fight cops.    You CANNOT do that. 

Better relationship with the police force?   OK, two way street.   Both sides have to want that.   But, the moment you steal **** and then fight cops, that relationship becomes meaningless.

Let's stop pretending like something good can come from Brown's death.   He did something you CANNOT do and died for it.  The relationship with the FPD priot to that would not have mattered.   End of that story.   Start a new book.
11/26/2014 3:48 PM
Again, rioting is dumb. I don't think people are protesting because they want riots.  If don't like Sharpton, but if you asked him if he was OK with these riots, I'd guess he'd say no. 

What is the not-for-profit you suggest in this situation?
11/26/2014 3:50 PM
Honestly, I bet 95% of the people who have interactions with the police, especially those who have frequent interaction with police, don't want cameras on police vests.  Car cams was an idea the police wanted in order to get more convictions. 

Edit: "don't" added as that was what I intended.  don't want cameras....

11/26/2014 4:04 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...62|63|64|65|66...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.