Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
The problem is the feeling that the PD is racist and not held accountable for racist actions, and the population doesn't trust them. Raising money for cameras in vests works.
11/26/2014 4:03 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 11/26/2014 4:03:00 PM (view original):
The problem is the feeling that the PD is racist and not held accountable for racist actions, and the population doesn't trust them. Raising money for cameras in vests works.

The guy who says "I've been treated unfairly by the FPD the last 5 times....." doesn't want cameras in vests.  

11/26/2014 4:05 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/26/2014 4:04:00 PM (view original):
Honestly, I bet 95% of the people who have interactions with the police, especially those who have frequent interaction with police, don't want cameras on police vests.  Car cams was an idea the police wanted in order to get more convictions. 

Edit: "don't" added as that was what I intended.  don't want cameras....

If you're frequently on the wrong side of the law, you're probably right. But I would guess most people in Ferguson would want this, and most people overall would want this. 
11/26/2014 4:14 PM (edited)
I assume you meant "wrong side of the law" so I'll follow it up with a question.

How many times have you interacted with police when they had absolutely no reason to question you?
11/26/2014 4:12 PM
None that I can think of.  I'm also not black in Missouri.  I really don't know how it works there, but it seems like people are pretty ******* angry about the way cops operate there.
11/26/2014 4:15 PM
I just had a memory I had forgotten about - 19 in college, drunk, walking in the middle of the street with my pants down, mooning my friends and laughing hysterically.  I look to my right and see a cop in his car. He says "Get the **** out of the street."  I did.

Should I have attacked him instead? Maybe I should have attacked him instead.
11/26/2014 4:17 PM
Well, since you were a white boy, I'm sure he'd have just let you go once he pushed you off of him.
11/26/2014 4:22 PM
11/26/2014 4:24 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Let's imagine that the majority of people in Ferguson have not committed crimes. They should like this also because it helps crime go down.
11/26/2014 4:30 PM
Seems to me they're protesting because of the way a criminal was treated.
11/26/2014 4:31 PM
On the surface, yes, but it's more deep than that.  Again, they don't trust the PD when they say that the criminal was killed because he was a threat to the life of the police officer.  Everyone should want cameras. The law-abiding citizens know that their town will likely be safer, and if this sort of thing happens again, there will be no questions. The protesters should think that Michael Brown would be alive today if Wilson had a camera on him (since they think he was killed unjustly).
11/26/2014 4:34 PM
There will always be questions.   Bad angle, camera malfunction, etc, etc.    Anything that doesn't show the entire picture can be construed as "police tampering" if the people have a deep-seeded mistrust of the police. 
11/26/2014 4:37 PM
Fewer questions, then.
11/26/2014 4:38 PM
◂ Prev 1...63|64|65|66|67...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.