Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 11/28/2014 9:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 11/28/2014 9:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/28/2014 9:11:00 PM (view original):
That's my point. The failure is on the DA for not being able to get the case to trial.
That's cause there is NO PROBABLE CAUSE!!!
I'm sure, had he wanted to, he could have cleared probable cause. He clearly didn't want to
The other day, I asked you "was justice done here", you responded something along the lines of "possibly, but it doesn't matter because . . . ".

Now, in your mind, the case was either blown by the DA, or rigged by the DA to let Wilson off the hook.

Again, in your mind . . . a trial and guilty verdict against Wilson would be the only acceptable outcome.  Facts, evidence, and the legal system are irrelevant.

God bless America.
11/29/2014 8:17 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/29/2014 8:17:00 AM (view original):
That's my point. The failure is on the DA for not being able to get the case to trial.
I'm sure, had he wanted to, he could have cleared probable cause. He clearly didn't want to
The other day, I asked you "was justice done here", you responded something along the lines of "possibly, but it doesn't matter because . . . ".

Now, in your mind, the case was either blown by the DA, or rigged by the DA to let Wilson off the hook.

Again, in your mind . . . a trial and guilty verdict against Wilson would be the only acceptable outcome.  Facts, evidence, and the legal system are irrelevant.

God bless America.
Why are you putting words in my mouth?

I don't know if justice was done here because the facts of the case are so unclear. The DA is definitely giving the appearance of wanting to protect Wilson. That's not his job and it fuels the distrust in the community.
11/29/2014 10:23 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/29/2014 7:26:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 11/28/2014 7:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/28/2014 6:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/28/2014 8:21:00 AM (view original):

I'M ANNOYED that anyone is still trying to place blame anywhere but at the feet of the dead guy.  Wilson could be the biggest jerk cop in the universe.   But this case went thru the system and, if you don't "trust" the system, there are countries in which you can reside.   Try North Korea. 

Don't be naive. The justice system is far from perfect, especially when it seems like the DA is doing his best to protect the cop involved.
Lol... The DA didn't have to try too hard to protect Wilson considering how so much evidence supported the cops story in this case.
I never said the system was perfect but it's the one we have.    But, if you start at the beginning, the blame for Brown's death is Brown.   People need to stop acting like Wilson should be on trial. 
Who are you replying to?
11/29/2014 10:24 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/29/2014 10:23:00 AM (view original):

God bless America.

I don't know if justice was done here because the facts of the case are so unclear. The DA is definitely giving the appearance of wanting to protect Wilson. That's not his job and it fuels the distrust in the community.
Sounds like the only acceptable outcome (to you) of the grand jury would be to get an indictment and send the case to trial.

In other words, a kangaroo court.

"We'll have a fair trial, followed immediately by the execution".
11/29/2014 10:33 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/29/2014 10:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/29/2014 10:23:00 AM (view original):

God bless America.

Sounds like the only acceptable outcome (to you) of the grand jury would be to get an indictment and send the case to trial.

In other words, a kangaroo court.

"We'll have a fair trial, followed immediately by the execution".
Why is that a kangaroo court? Almost all grand juries bring an indictment and the DA can bring an indictment without taking it to the grand jury first. I'm not convinced Wilson did anything wrong but there are so many unknowns that a trial is necessary.

Wilson's story is weird. Why would Brown lash out unprovoked? Why would he stop hitting Wilson, turn to his friend, and hand him cigarettes? Why was Brown killed 153 feet away from Wilson's car?

Why was Wilson allowed to leave the scene and wash his hands? Why was Wilson allowed to process his own evidence? 

There are a lot of things missing that should have been addressed. Now they won't be, Instead, Wilson's side of the story becomes the only "fact" when, as demonstrated by this chart of witness testimony, we don't really know what happened.

11/29/2014 11:34 AM
In other words, the only acceptable outcome (to you) of the grand jury would be an indictment and sending the case to trial.

There's no chance, in your mind, that the justice system is working here.
11/29/2014 12:24 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/29/2014 12:24:00 PM (view original):
In other words, the only acceptable outcome (to you) of the grand jury would be an indictment and sending the case to trial.

I'm saying that, in light of the unknowns and investigative irregularities, I disagree with the DA's decision not to take this to trial.
11/29/2014 12:53 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/29/2014 12:53:00 PM (view original):

I'm saying that, in light of the unknowns and investigative irregularities, I disagree with the DA's decision not to take this to trial.
And with all these conflicting stories from people with various agendae, do you honestly think that a trial would have led to any other conclusion?

Do you like wasting taxpayer money?

Oh wait, you do.
11/29/2014 1:15 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 11/29/2014 1:15:00 PM (view original):

And with all these conflicting stories from people with various agendae, do you honestly think that a trial would have led to any other conclusion?

Do you like wasting taxpayer money?

Oh wait, you do.
Maybe it would have led to a different conclusion. It certainly would have brought to light the inconsistencies in Wilson's story along with the irregularities of the investigation.

I'm more concerned with getting this right than I am with the risk of the relatively small amount of taxpayer money.

And, it's agendas. Not agendae. Weirdo.
11/29/2014 2:06 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

So, yes.  Only one acceptable outcome.
11/29/2014 7:44 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/29/2014 7:44:00 PM (view original):

So, yes.  Only one acceptable outcome.
Well, I'm assuming you agree with the DA's decision. Should I try to paint you as someone who will only accept one outcome?
11/29/2014 8:30 PM
I would have had no problem with either way the grand jury went.  I like to think that the legal system works most of the time.

Had this gone to trial, I think they would have had to move the trial to somewhere other than Ferguson.  Not sure how Wilson could have gotten a fair trial in a community with a lynch mob mentality.  And I think he would have been acquitted in a truly fair criminal trial because there is more than enough reasonable doubt that he acted wrongly here.
11/29/2014 9:20 PM
◂ Prev 1...67|68|69|70|71...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.