Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by tecwrg on 8/30/2014 8:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 8/30/2014 3:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/30/2014 3:51:00 PM (view original):
Regarding your crosswalk example. If you stood at the corner, waited for the traffic light to turn red, and then crossed when the signal said to, no one would blame you if a driver ran the red light and hit you. Even if you could have avoided it by being more alert or paying better attention. The driver is the one at fault.

Dude in MN followed the law, wasn't unreasonable, and yet you want to blame him for the actions of the police.
See I'm not looking to blame here.... Its not about pointing fingers. The cop could go to jail for all I care... Michael Brown is still DEAD... The MN guy was still tased.... And the hypothetical car that hit me can be fixed much more easily than my broken body.

My point is ALL of these scenarios could be avoided with better judgment.
BL and taint seem to think that it's much better to get shot or tased as a matter of standing on principle.  Because, you know, you're in the right.
Not what I'm saying. I'm saying that one party was in the wrong here and it wasn't the guy who got tased.
8/30/2014 9:44 PM
Posted by moy23 on 8/30/2014 3:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/30/2014 3:37:00 PM (view original):
The difference, obviously, is that this guy didn't pick a fight. The cops made a request, he legally refused. At this point, neither side was unreasonable. Then the cops got out the taser. Who should we be blaming?
He picked a fight when he didn't show his ID upon request. He furthered that fight by saying 'the problem here is I'm black', and finally he wasn't listening to them when they did decide to arrest him. Its not that hard to put your hands behind your back when asked. The street was not the place to make a stand... The court room is. Arguing with cops is a dumb idea.
Isn't this why we have the 2nd Amendment? Maybe everyone should just start carrying openly and legally. Now the cops have to also make a decision about properly doing their job knowing that there could be serious consequences both ways.
8/30/2014 9:46 PM
Good idea.  We need more shootouts in the street.  
8/31/2014 7:56 AM
Posted by The Taint on 8/30/2014 11:02:00 PM (view original):
Yup, if you're illegally assaulted by a cop, you should be able to stand your ground.
Right.  I'm sure if a cop starts beating you, and you fight back because "I'm in the right", that he'll just back right down.

Dumbass.  

Let us know how that works out for you.
8/31/2014 2:35 PM
"I KNOW MY RIGHTS!!!!" guy seems to get beat up more than "Yes, sir.  Here's my identification" guy. 
8/31/2014 3:28 PM
You're right. The police need better training.
8/31/2014 3:30 PM
Posted by The Taint on 8/31/2014 3:34:00 PM (view original):
By law if a police officer is illegally assaulting you, you should be able to stand your ground. Police officers are not above the law.
Sure.  How do you think it's going to work out when you start firing?
8/31/2014 4:22 PM
Posted by The Taint on 8/31/2014 3:34:00 PM (view original):
By law if a police officer is illegally assaulting you, you should be able to stand your ground. Police officers are not above the law.
The police officer likely has a gun.

Are you carrying?

If not, and you start fighting back, how do you think it's going to turn out?
8/31/2014 4:39 PM
It's like crosswalks
You can legally cross anytime you want and cars must stop
If you get hit, it's the drivers fault
But, who's in a hospital bed?
8/31/2014 5:02 PM
The funny thing is that no one is saying "You can't do that".    You can do anything you damn well please, legal or not.   But there are reactions to your actions.   Cop told Brown to get out of the road.   Brown assaulted cop instead.  Cop killed Brown.    Cop asked for ID.  Mr.Benchguy said "No, I don't have to."   Mr.Benchguy got zapped. 
8/31/2014 5:17 PM
◂ Prev 1...32|33|34|35|36...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.