Fall 2014 Franchise Tournament (full!) Topic

I would like to get in.
9/8/2014 3:33 PM
You are now at 37.5% full ! 

But i am not sure I like bein' called "Da Steamed Professor"! I do get hot under the collar once in a while in an argument though.
9/8/2014 3:55 PM
Indeed!  9 in, and a great group of owners to start us off.
9/8/2014 4:33 PM
I'll play again and see if I can climb out of last place. It was tough last year.
9/9/2014 4:38 AM
I hear you...I think every time I updated the standings last year I was lower in them than I had been the time before.  Of course I had selected the Cubs, so maybe this was what I should have expected?

Anyway, welcome deathdealer.  That makes 10!
9/9/2014 5:03 AM
ill get in on this. thnx
9/9/2014 9:04 PM
11 in...welcome fortywins!
9/9/2014 9:26 PM
I'll play
9/9/2014 10:29 PM
welcome pedro...the stakes just got raised, and I just dropped another spot in the expected standings.
9/9/2014 10:49 PM
Probably going to get my doors blown off, but the concept is fascinating. And knowing this will be run by THE BEST Commissioner on the site, I can't pass it up.&#160;<br />
I'm in. Donation.
9/9/2014 11:46 PM (edited)
Wow...I can hardly feel worthy of that title, what with people like schwarze and juice, just to name 2, so active on this site.  But I am flattered by the compliment and honored to have you join this theme.  Welcome mcurio1!
9/10/2014 8:46 AM
I agree mcurio1, contrarian23 is the best commissioner that I have encountered, and there are many very good ones here.
9/10/2014 9:03 AM
Just had a sitemail exchange with an owner, and I want to clarify some important points:

1.) No twisting. If you have the Pirates and want to use Barry Bonds, you must use one of his Pirates seasons.

2.) Each owner must pick exactly 1 of the original 16 franchises and exactly 1 expansion/defunct franchise.  There are 14 expansion franchises, meaning at least two owners will need to select one of the defunct franchises. This will be make for some very interesting drafting strategy.  

You can choose either type of franchise in either round, but at the end of the two rounds you must have 1 of each.

There is no minimum number of players you must use from each franchise; that's entirely up to you.

3.) I fully expect that some owners may be interested in trading their draft position.  Once the draft order is posted, I will allow owners 48 hours to swap their draft positions, but then the draft orders will be fixed.  I am going to run the draft off the clock, at least initially, but if it proves to be moving too slow (we should be getting through 2-3 picks per day at minimum), I reserve the right to put us on the clock at some point.  Obviously, if owners decide to swap draft positions, I am going to assume they are swapping spots in both rounds unless both owners declare otherwise.  If owner A has the first pick in round 1 (and therefore the 16th pick in round 2), and owner B has the 8th pick in round 1 (and therefore the 9th pick in round 2), they can swap both picks.  In which case owner B gets the 1/16 slot and owner A gets the 8/9 slot. 

4.) It is definitely not too early to start your research.  The draft will start no earlier than the first week of October, so that gives everyone almost a month to do research...should be plenty of time.
9/17/2014 11:50 PM (edited)
I have posted a list of all the eligible franchises (16 original and 52 expansion/defunct) in the theme league forum.

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=480205&TopicsTimeframe=30
9/10/2014 10:35 AM

Okay, fine...you talked me into it!  After my dismal free-fall last year, I've got to redeem myself (but against some of the owners that have already signed up, I think my fate is sealed).

9/10/2014 9:56 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Fall 2014 Franchise Tournament (full!) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.