Fall 2014 Franchise Tournament (full!) Topic

Welcome back Pat...I was hoping you would return.  And yeah, I've got that same feeling of impending doom.
9/11/2014 12:26 AM
I'm sure there are more owners who would enjoy this...great group already signed up and a really unique team-building challenge.  Come on in!
9/11/2014 3:56 PM
OK, so you've looked at this post, not sure if you want to participate. 

Top 5 reasons to give it a shot:

-- Cookies?  Basically irrelevant.  You'll see no more than one version each of 08 Joss, 86 Raines, 92 Bip Roberts, 75 Gary Carter in this entire league.
-- Great group of owners...take a look at who has signed up...this is a who's who of the best owners on WIS
-- 5 different caps...never tried 60M before?  Here's a way to do it, and if you go 70-92 it doesn't completely damage your chances of winning.  You'll compete at a range of caps against top competition, and at the end of the tournament you'll be better prepared to compete at all 5 of them.
-- A real drafting challenge.  Want use your early pick to lock up a franchise with 100 years of great pitching to choose from?  Great, but you might get stuck with a 2-year Fed Lg team to round out your rosters.  Got a late pick and are stuck with a franchise that doesn't have a ton of great players?  Not necessarily so bad...you'll get to select 2 franchises while most owners are still stuck with 1.  Lock up one of the modern expansion franchises with great hitting AND pitching (there are several) or grab one of thus defunct 19th century franchises with 500+ IP stud pitchers or great 1890s hitting.
-- Always wanted to use your favorite team in a franchise league, but couldn't because they weren't strong enough to compete?  Here you can balance them out with another franchise to fill the gaps, plus every one of the original 16 franchises has enough talent to compete in at least 4 of the 5 caps on their own.

Come on in...10 more and we can get this party started.
9/13/2014 9:49 AM
I'll try again.
9/13/2014 8:55 PM
Welcome batandball!
9/13/2014 8:58 PM
bump. Seems like we are going for 16 teams and so need only one more - c'mon everyone, great tournament and best commissioner in all of WIS !
9/17/2014 3:16 PM
Yes...I am 99% sure we are going to do this with 16 teams rather than 24...which will entail a small rules change. I will update this tonight, but if anyone wants to sign up to be our 16th owner...please do!
9/17/2014 3:17 PM
I'll do it
9/17/2014 10:32 PM
Yee-haw!

OK, that makes 16...stay tuned everyone.
9/17/2014 10:56 PM
OK...here's what's going to happen:

-- Sometime in early October, WIS will release the 2014 players
-- As soon as that is done, I will ask a HOF owner (someone not in this league) to randomize the numbers 1-16 for us, corresponding to the owners listed on page one of this thread.  That will become the draft order for the first round.
-- The second round will be the reverse of the first round.
-- Once I post the draft order, owners will have 48 hours to trade their draft spots if they so choose.  Once that 48 hour window is over, draft spots are fixed and may no longer be traded.
-- The draft will be off the clock, at least to start.  I expect we should get through at least 2-3 picks per day.  If it looks like we are consistently lagging behind that benchmark, I will likely put us on the clock.
-- Draft should finish up no later than 10/15 or so.  I will give everyone 1 week from that point to get their rosters in.
-- We should start play sometime around October 23rd.
9/19/2014 7:29 AM

Random Sequence Generator

Here is your sequence:

13 8 5 16 4 7 11 6 2 12 15 9 10 1 3 14

Timestamp: 2014-09-28 16:45:12 UTC

9/28/2014 12:46 PM
Thank you crazystengel.

I have posted the draft order in the Theme League Forum, which will also be used for any trading of draft slots, and for the draft itself.  That thread can be found here:
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?ForumID=2&TopicID=480205&page=-1&TopicsTimeframe=30#postBox

Please use the above link for all trades and draft picks.  Please do not post trades or draft picks in this signup thread.
9/28/2014 2:44 PM
◂ Prev 123
Fall 2014 Franchise Tournament (full!) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.