Weird pulldown situation Topic

So I did scouting trips for a guy to pull him down, not 10 like suggested but enough.  Some of the scouting trips gave the "He'd fit in well", "appreciative of the materials", "I gave him the thumbs up", etc.  Then, I go to do a HV the cycle after and it is rejected?  Anybody else ever experienced anything like this?  Did I not breach the 10 trips and that is why it was rejected?  A little confused on this one.
9/17/2014 9:25 AM
10 may not always be a minimum threshold, but if you have sent less than that I would try sending a few more.
9/17/2014 9:45 AM
Yeah, it's not quite so paint-by-numbers.  Some guys can even be pulled down with fewer than 10 trips.  Some take many more.  There's no automatic formula.
9/17/2014 10:31 AM
I know there is less.  I just thought when you started getting the responses that I stated that he was "pulldowned" and now recruitable... but I'm starting to think that might not be the case.
9/17/2014 10:45 AM
Right, unless you get a standalone message from your Assistant and/or the recruit starts showing up on your same-level search and/or accepting visits, you can't know for certain that the recruit has been pulled down.
9/17/2014 11:11 AM
Those responses in the scouting report mean nothing. If you are ever in doubt you can try another phone call or do a single test HV. The vast majority of the time when you successfully pull down a player they will consider you since the pulldown threshold is higher than the considering one. An exception is when a higher level team was looking at the player first.
9/17/2014 11:54 AM
Learn something new everyday.  So 99% of the time a successful pulldown = being considered.  Thanks guys!
9/17/2014 12:04 PM
Posted by blackdog3377 on 9/17/2014 11:54:00 AM (view original):
Those responses in the scouting report mean nothing. If you are ever in doubt you can try another phone call or do a single test HV. The vast majority of the time when you successfully pull down a player they will consider you since the pulldown threshold is higher than the considering one. An exception is when a higher level team was looking at the player first.
That first sentence isn't true.

There is some grey area inbetween "pulled down" and "considering".   You can often tell by the last few sentences on the SV.

9/17/2014 12:54 PM
Weird pulldown situation Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.