Season 76, D3 Topic

How would you like a Game of the Night writeup?  I knew you'd be excited.

GotN
#13 Wisconsin La Crosse (0-0)(sniperx) at #23 Johnson and Wales (0-0)(spasticity)
Two games between ranked opponents on opening night and we're going with this one as our featured game because I enjoy coincidences.  Wisconsin La Crosse also played in our first GotN last season but they were the home team in that one and they were ranked #23.  Weird, huh?  This is the first meeting of these two coaches and the visitors are favored by 2.

Also considered: #18 Menlo at #24 Christopher Newport, Texas Lutheran at #5 North Carolina Wesleyan, #6 Willamette at Baldin-Wallace, #12 Transylvania at Oglethorpe, Worcester St. at #20 William Paterson, and #21 Allegheny at Ramapo

Sim blowout watch: Mount Ida is getting 65 points traveling to #1 Piedmont while Gettsyburg is a 61 point home dog against #4 Vassar.

Good luck in the non-conference season everyone.

9/26/2014 2:50 PM
I like my rank bullman. If my team actually achieves a tournament bid, I will be happy. On paper we should but I have to figure out how to coach first.
9/29/2014 12:21 AM
Sorry for the lack of posts lately guys, projects around the house and work have taken time away from the more important things on my plate like computer games and make-believe sports teams.  Hopefully work will lighten up a bit and I'll be able to resume the daily writeups when the conference season starts.  If someone wants to pick up the slack until then, fire away.  Also, I'm aiming to get the dynasty rankings updated tonight or tomorrow night.
9/30/2014 1:48 PM
GotN:

#3 William Patterson @ #7 Dallas:
A classic Offense vs. Defense matchup. Tarvolon is 1-0 against sol_phenom3.

SotD: Michael Holmes is averaging 37.5 ppg for Worcester St. who only scores 53 ppg. 
9/30/2014 3:42 PM
Last Night:
#3 William Patterson 70 @ #14 Dallas 67
In tarvolon's words, "Just can't expect to beat a solid FB/FCP team when you shoot .559 from the line." 

GotN: 

#3 William Patterson @ #10 Hendrix
Another William Patterson vs. University game. I don't expect to beat sol_phenom3. The good thing is that I have more 3's in my name :)
10/1/2014 3:09 PM
I tried to update the Starr Scores and they are still resetting after I close the workbooks. It says the changes have been saved in drive but... it's not. That means I can't do team scores, conference scores or projected NT results either, sorry guys :/<br />
&lt;br /&gt; <br />
Coach scores for Rupp, Iba and Wooden were all updated about 5 days ago. Sorry for forgetting to mention it until now. Since I'm posting this from the chromebook (you can tell because WIS adds weird codes to my posts), I can't post the link properly but hopefully many of you know how to get there by now :)
10/3/2014 11:30 PM (edited)
Coach, that was a brutal start to the season, but it has to turn around. It has to. Stranger things have happened. If you ever need any coaching advice, don't tell me - I'm worried enough as it is.

William Johnson
Athletic Director
Northland
10/6/2014 7:55 AM
lol raucus.
10/6/2014 12:07 PM
I've been banned from talking on the CC in either world because of a joke I made in the Crum world. I only have myself to blame. Also, I blame Darnoc. It's really cool I can still post on the forums at least :) WIS was actually really cool about it and I'll be back in a few days. Even so...Plato... Avenge me, brother!
10/8/2014 7:52 PM
Who am I kidding, he doesn't read the forum. Pseudo, will you do a GotN featuring Allegheny as a tribute to the cause?.. though there's a 100% chance I won't beat my opponent tonight. :P
10/8/2014 7:55 PM
I thought you were kidding! I thought it was a joke! I even wrote it down in my diary, "Veronica had a very funny joke today!" I laughed at it later that night!
10/13/2014 12:10 PM
Posted by spasticity on 10/13/2014 12:10:00 PM (view original):
I thought you were kidding! I thought it was a joke! I even wrote it down in my diary, "Veronica had a very funny joke today!" I laughed at it later that night!
+1
10/13/2014 5:49 PM
Spasticity I probably should have told you this sooner, but my name is EzekialStarr, haha, not Veronica :D. Yeah, I personally thought the joke was in good fun but I can see how someone could have found it offensive if they had a stick lodged up inside one of their body parts. &#160;kidding kidding, but seriously I'm not. :) &#160;BTW Darnoc is not the one who complained.
10/13/2014 5:50 PM
Posted by brianxavier on 9/25/2014 4:32:00 PM (view original):
9... NINE? wins for Millsaps?  Geeeezzzzzz, I hope that's wrong.
Millsaps is 9-9…. feeling sky high as I should eclipse the expected win total by bullman!
10/15/2014 12:44 PM
So uh...  what's the deal with the guy who usually does the daily writeups?  Talk about lame...

Yeah, sorry everybody for the lack of writeups this season.  Busy times at work, projects around the house, and a slight onset of apathy about HD combined to keep me from my regular duties over the last couple weeks.  My bad.  Seriously, I wish I had something cool like terrorist attacks or being chase by a badger to explain my absence but sadly no.  Sorry about that.

So I'm thinking I take a mulligan on this season and hopefully be back to normal next season.  My Wooster team being less annoying would be a good start, let's see if I can work on that the rest of this season.  Good luck the rest of the way everyone.
10/16/2014 3:24 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Season 76, D3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.