Pulldown Recruiting battle DII v DIII Topic

I am a C+ D3 team and I got a back up message from a very good player who is 20 miles from my campus.  He is already considering a DII, B prestige team who is coached by the SIMAI. WOTS is that he is v open to other offers.  Is it worth it to try and steal this player if I have money to spend or I am likely just throwing good money after bad if I try to go after him?  Im just not familar enough with the game to know which COA to take.  Any feedback would be helpful.  
9/21/2014 10:16 AM
You can take him.
9/21/2014 11:22 AM
You can get him but It will be very tough & lot's of effort (cash). If you have other options, I would take them.
9/21/2014 1:44 PM
Ok, that is what I thought: Possibly but likely v. difficult/expensive.  Thank for the feedback guys.
9/21/2014 1:58 PM
If he's open to other offers according to WOTS and only 20 miles from campus, this shouldn't be too costly. Given the relatively low cost of SV's at that distance it's very possible you'll get the kid without having to spend the full $3,000 you're allotted for the scholarship in the first place. Go snack on Simmy before someone else gets the same idea. 
9/21/2014 3:47 PM
That is exactly what I did and while I am now being considered, a human C- D2 coach is in the mix as well.  He's about 150 miles from the recruit and I dont think I can compete with him as hes got a number of open spots.  So it goes.  Thanks for the help guys
9/21/2014 6:32 PM
FWIW OP very possible the new coach saw this thread and decided to take a look. You never know with this stuff about active recruits...

feel free to sitemail if you have questions like this instead if you want...
9/21/2014 6:49 PM
I just won a recruit from a C SIM D2 school and I am a D3 B- school. So it is possible especially with the distance advantage you had. Dac could be right though. In the future find somebody to sitemail. There have been plenty of coaches that have greatly helped me throughout the first few seasons so far in my career.
9/22/2014 1:12 AM

Some closure to the post: The recruit was considered by myself, a SIM D2, and human D2 school.  I sent a HV, guaranteed starting spot, guaranteed minutes (15), then kept sending HVs (5 total) until I was listed first in the WOTS message.  Eventually he stopped considering the human D2 school and signed with me two cylces after signings began.  Thanks for all the advice guys!

9/24/2014 10:48 AM
Posted by coachvegas44 on 9/21/2014 1:44:00 PM (view original):
You can get him but It will be very tough & lot's of effort (cash). If you have other options, I would take them.
this is true with a stronger WOTS, but with the weak WOTS, for a local player (as was the case here), beating the sim is easy.
9/24/2014 11:07 AM
Pulldown Recruiting battle DII v DIII Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.