Which one of these two players should be a PG and which one should be a SG? (Also OK to say both should be the same position.) This is for triangle / M2M.

Player A: 50 ATH, 95 SPD, 55 DEF, 55 PER, 85 BH, 55 PAS
Player B: 75 ATH, 60 SPD, 55 DEF, 55 PER, 60 BH, 85 PAS

9/22/2014 1:39 PM
D2?

I think A is the PG, B is more of an off guard.

I think SPEED is more important at the 1.
9/22/2014 2:11 PM
I think you can get by with below average passing but you need ball handling and speed. A for me as well.
9/22/2014 2:16 PM
I don't know if BH is more important than PASS at the one, I think in most cases they are pretty close to even in value, but I do think speed is pretty important.<br />
<br />
I think player A is both a better point guard AND 3 point shooter.
9/22/2014 6:32 PM
if those were only options i would alternate based on either other teams speed or other teams lack of defense in a m2 if applicable. if other team completely neutral I guess A. If this is D3 I love A. D2 not enough pas (plus B not terrible spd for a D2 pg - less of a liability maybe than the pas...i dunno) -  D1, doesnt matter you're ****** either way.
9/23/2014 12:34 AM
also, if B had any (30 or more) lp and could hit fts (like B) definitely B...
9/23/2014 12:36 AM
Posted by bhansalid00 on 9/22/2014 1:39:00 PM (view original):
Which one of these two players should be a PG and which one should be a SG? (Also OK to say both should be the same position.) This is for triangle / M2M.

Player A: 50 ATH, 95 SPD, 55 DEF, 55 PER, 85 BH, 55 PAS
Player B: 75 ATH, 60 SPD, 55 DEF, 55 PER, 60 BH, 85 PAS

if you are playing both, for me, it mostly comes down to who is the better passer. in this case, that is clearly player B, so i go with B at PG. the speed is important at pg but defensively, in m2m, i think the SG is at least as important on defense. speed is also really important for per shooting, which is super important in a SG, but really neither player can do that too well. A is a lot better though with that spd and bh? 

ultimately, now that spd and iq of your PG affects team wide fg%, i have to defer to that.
9/23/2014 12:39 AM
I disagree with everyone - I definitely think B is the PG.  Passing is by far the most important PG rating.  30 points of passing is a substantial difference, and it will add several points of FG% to everyone else on the floor.
9/23/2014 12:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback, all. So I'm trying to better understand the impact of high speed for a PG. I've thought the impact is:

- More FTA
- Getting to the basket more, so better FG%
- Better 3PT shooting when combined with PER and BH
- More steals on defense

gillispie1 just mentioned that PG speed also affects team-wide FG%, which I wasn't aware of. Any other effects?
9/23/2014 2:35 PM
I'm pretty sure he meant PG passing.  True for passing at every position, but there's a huge dropoff after the 1 in terms of impact.
9/23/2014 2:38 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.