1899/1929 Progressive BOBL with Gehrig, Simmons Topic

The BOBL is a sixteen team progressive league that began with the 1885/1915 season. As we conclude the 1926 season we have to team vacancies. These vacancies are the Washington Senators and St Louis Browns. Washington presently has a record of 80-81 and are six games out. The St Louis Browns are 68-93 and are sixteen games out of first. The draft is a lottery format with the bottom eight teams included. Both Washington and St Louis will be among the lottery teams. If interested please sitemail me for a copy of the teams present roster.
10/9/2014 1:39 PM

I just created the draft lottery and the Washington Senators will select Third followed bythe St Louis Browns at fourth.
10/13/2014 9:29 AM
Maybe this will help as an incentive for prospective owners, but some of the names in the upcoming draft include:

Honus Wagner, Jimmie Foxx, Lloyd Waner, Chick Stahl, Roger Bresnahan, and Jack Powell.

Both of these teams have high draft picks, so you'll still have the opportunity to draft a stud player.
10/13/2014 9:44 PM

Looking for one owner....Here is your chance to own the Washington Senators coming off of a 80-82 season and finishing only six games out of first place, Frank Killen paced the pitching staff with 24 victories and Ken Williams ripped 17 Home runs. Along with a high draft pick making the playoffs is entirely possible under new ownership.
10/16/2014 6:07 PM
Washington's division was won with 86 games. Plus they have Garland Braxton. Plus they were run by the owner with the most BOBL wins all time. This team has drafted well every single season since we started. 
10/16/2014 11:07 PM
   Both vacancies have been filled. If you wish to be added to a waiting list please send me a note.
10/18/2014 9:53 AM

Their is a vacncy becoming available in our league this time the New York Yankees are the team to be filled. We are presently going through the 1898/1928 and half just passed the half way point. The Yankees are currently 41-42 and seven games off the pace. The key Yankee players are Klondike Douglass, Herman Long, Babe Ruth, Russ Wrightstone, John McGraw, Mickey Cochrane and some guy named Babe Ruth. Lee Meadows, Billy Rhines, Jack Taylor and Zeke Wilson form the current starting rotation while Alvin Crowder has picked up thirteen saves. So if you like Baseball history and would love to own Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth and Mickey Cocharane drop me a sitemail.
12/17/2014 5:46 PM
  Well looks like we need one more owner; one of our long standing owners is stepping aside for a break from WIS. We are approaching the completion of the 1897/1927 season and have began the draft. To keep the league running in the interim I will be Running the draft for the team in question. Following is the roster for the Philadelphia Athletics which is a bit of a work in progress but has the nucleus of a solid starting staff which I would say is their main selling point.

C           Ed McFarland
           C           Gabby Hartnett
           C           Bubbles Hargrave
           1B         Tommy Tucker
            SS        Claude Ritchey
            SS        Bones Ely
            3B        Billy Shindle
            OF       George Van Haltren
            OF       Dick Harley
            OF       Tom McCreery

P       Sam Gray
               P       Al Orth
               P       Doug McWeeny
               P       Firpo Marberry
               P       Elam Vanglider
               P       Joe Dawson
1/8/2015 7:09 AM

The Yankees have been taken over but the Philadelphia A's are still available.
1/9/2015 7:25 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
 We are full again but I will accept waitlisting.
1/12/2015 5:53 PM
  We are again looking for one owner to take over a team in the league. Nearing its completion of its 14th season. The Brroklyn Apostles are currently 73--54 and four games out of first. We have began the draft for the 1929/1899 season and are looking for an owner to take over for the 1929 season. The roster is star studded and is posted below.

Brooklyn Apostles
Keepers = 25
Need 4

Keepers
OF Bill Barrett (28)
2B Cupid Childs (98)
2B Jimmy ***** (28)
2B/3B Bernie Friberg (28)
1B Lou Gehrig (28)
C Mike Grady (98)
OF Harry Heilmann (28)
OF Harvey Hendrick (28)
SS Bill Hunnefield (28)
C Walt Lerian 
SS Rabbit Maranville (back from IR)
OF Herm McFarland (back from IR)
OF Edd Roush (28)
OF Al Simmons (28)
3B Joe Stripp
SS Tommy Thevenow (28)
OF Cy Williams (288)

P Guy Bush (28)
P Watty Clark (28)
P Howard Ehmke (28)
Jay Hughes
P Syl Johnson (28)
P Wilcy Moore (28)
Wiley Piatt
P Joe Shaute (28)

Our league has the usual 25 man roster but you can manually select 4 AAA players for a total of 29.

3/23/2015 7:49 AM
Sent you a sitemail.
3/27/2015 4:20 PM
1899/1929 Progressive BOBL with Gehrig, Simmons Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.