Application Denied Topic

I've submitted a ticket but wonder if anyone has seen or experienced this and can offer an explanation.  Why was my application denied?

I apply for the job at Colorado St.  A position I'm qualified for.  My application is denied.
Please see pixvenue.com/showimage/coloradost_4376385_14220101.png

C
olorado St. remains SIM coached and the position remains listed as a D-IA vacancy.  This occurred in Wilkinson.
Please see pixvenue.com/showimage/coloradost_8989568_14219941.png
10/11/2014 11:22 AM
How are you qualified for it? What is your resume in Wilkinson?
10/11/2014 11:35 AM
Hypnotoad ... Please see the 1st image.  That's me and my Wilkinson resume.
10/11/2014 12:27 PM
Sorry; it didn't load for me the first time. What I was wondering was your coaching history in Wilk - is the 'Qualified' a mistake on the app page, or is the mistake in the denial .A curious thing.
10/11/2014 1:15 PM
Wow that's strange. 568 wins, A+ loyalty and rep but can't get a sim job.
10/11/2014 1:28 PM
On the bright side, it's not the best location at DIA
10/11/2014 2:25 PM
What was the last school you were at and what was your record?
10/11/2014 3:13 PM
Starfinder77 ... It's been quite a few seasons since I had a team in Wilkinson and I don't remember.  Based on job openings I'd have to say I was at a I-AA school.  I'm seeing all available I-AA jobs listed as "lateral move."  All I-A jobs (including Colorado St.) as "qualified."
10/11/2014 3:35 PM
Colorado State is in the Big East, which makes it a major school in a major conference in the bizarro world of GD alignment. It's tougher to get a major conference job than a MAC or WAC job.

Besides that, "Qualified" means you technically meet the minimum requirements, but that's not the same thing as saying "We'll hire you if you apply." When I first moved up from DI-AA, every open D1-A job said I was "Qualified." But I only applied to one WAC job, and got it. Look at my Leahy resume; it' was OK after my St. Mary's season, but no way was I ready for, say, the Ole Miss job.

I have no idea if your resume should get you the CSU job, just offering one coach's perspective here.
10/11/2014 3:46 PM
The reason I asked was because the same thing happened to me last season at Army. It said qualified and I submitted the app. Then a few hours later I checked and it said app denied even though army was still a sim. The response I got back from wis was along the lines stating that since my record was either equal or not as good (wins) then it would say qualified, but not necessarily meaning that I would get hired. On the other side of the coin according to wis, just because a 1 A program says qualified, if that school has "fallen on Hard times" over the last few seasons, you could apply and get the job even though it said not qualified.
10/11/2014 4:06 PM
Posted by tutank on 10/11/2014 3:35:00 PM (view original):
Starfinder77 ... It's been quite a few seasons since I had a team in Wilkinson and I don't remember.  Based on job openings I'd have to say I was at a I-AA school.  I'm seeing all available I-AA jobs listed as "lateral move."  All I-A jobs (including Colorado St.) as "qualified."
You can click on that little head with the arrow. It will show all your past seasons (same page with the jobs you applied for)
10/11/2014 5:18 PM
Posted by starfinder77 on 10/11/2014 4:06:00 PM (view original):
The reason I asked was because the same thing happened to me last season at Army. It said qualified and I submitted the app. Then a few hours later I checked and it said app denied even though army was still a sim. The response I got back from wis was along the lines stating that since my record was either equal or not as good (wins) then it would say qualified, but not necessarily meaning that I would get hired. On the other side of the coin according to wis, just because a 1 A program says qualified, if that school has "fallen on Hard times" over the last few seasons, you could apply and get the job even though it said not qualified.
That is a bug that should be fixed. No way you should be penalized by a crappy team that you have not been coaching for a few seasons.
10/11/2014 6:46 PM
If the last school you were at happened to have been in DII or DIII, you can't get back to IA without going through IAA again.
10/11/2014 9:10 PM
He was at SE Louisiana 1AA in 97 for one year and had a record of 9-7. I suspect it was due to the fact that Col St was coming off a 10 win season and he had been away. Not saying that it makes sense, just an opinion. He ended up with K State and he is a good coach so he should have them whipped into shape in no time.
10/11/2014 11:28 PM
if it says qualified then you should get the job
10/12/2014 12:58 AM
12 Next ▸
Application Denied Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.