Wailing Onions Need 4...With A Special Offer Topic

SPECIAL OFFER: Commit to the league by 12:01 a.m. ET on 10/25 via sitemail and I will enter you in a drawing for a free 2nd season in the league. Join us for season 27 and you have (at worst) a 1 in 4 shot of getting season 28 free. 

The Wailing Onions is seeking four owners for its upcoming season. 

We have two simple rules:
  • Owners are not allowed to start players, at the ML level, with low fatigue or grossly out of position; ie, don't start pitchers at 0% or a first baseman at shortstop.
  • Also, teams must win at least 50 games in a season and 110 over consecutive seasons. If a team fails to do so, the owner may make an appeal to the commissioner. If an owner does not meet the minimum win requirement, they may be "fired" and lose ownership of their team.
Open franchises, include:
  • Montreal (NL North//68-93): Montreal is a little more of a project, but $23m comes off the payroll next season. Their closer was an all-star this season and is up for Fireman of the Year.
  • Madison (NL North//85-77): Madison is coming off an 85-77 season and missed the wild card by two games.
  • Tampa Bay (NL South//49-113): This is a case of the owner not having a lot of time to pay attention. $36m comes off the payroll next season. It's a nice little reclamation project for the right owner. And, it has the top pick in the amateur draft.
  • Colorado (AL West//67-95): Here's a team that is two to three seasons of hard work away from being good. They have the No. 5 pick in the amateur draft.
Please sitemail or post below to claim your franchise.

10/23/2014 6:29 PM (edited)
10/18/2014 6:23 PM
Good league.
10/20/2014 11:06 PM

10/24/2014 4:14 PM
bump
10/25/2014 11:02 AM
The Dog is still here. I couldn't do it. But I did get a gun for my wife. Best trade I ever made!!
10/27/2014 12:30 PM
The dog is now the league mascot.
10/28/2014 12:48 PM
Wailing Onions Need 4...With A Special Offer Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.