Burned out on the Sim Topic

This might not be a big deal to some but the SIM is really <profanity>fucked</profanity> up on the statistical side. They don't record saves and pinch hitting properly and probably many other things. Those are the two I have noticed.
I am really fed up with a lot of the bull <profanity>shit</profanity> that goes on here.
Maybe I am just burned out from playing too many games but I am considering leaving this site.
Remember when they were going to upgrade live? 2 years ago I think they called it the blue skies program?
Anyone have some positive things to make me stay?
I am considering leaving as habsfan1 did. Keep my current commitments to prog leagues for the next season and try to get someone to take over the ones I commish.

Their failure to make the live game better is the main reason, but many other little things add to the frustration.

Another is their inability to make the game realistic on the offensive side. I also play many regular sim leagues that are not live and the amount of offense that happens is really ridiculous at times.

So if you don't see me around as much that is part of the reason. Don't expect any crying over my departure but I do think players like myself who spend so much money here and play in leagues in both live and sim should be considered valuable customers and I don't feel like this place appreciates it.
10/19/2014 7:03 PM
Don't go.

The game is terribly flawwed to those who have played enough to know better.

Just deal I guess.

No rhyme or reason to who wins in the postseason here.  Find things to play for.
10/19/2014 7:40 PM
szzy   you cant leave man....theres no quitting in SIM baseball..lol Its like NWO  4 life. This is an outlet for all of us to break away from everyday life (the bad and boring parts at least)
10/19/2014 7:47 PM
Join the club, man...
10/19/2014 9:02 PM
I've always felt it's foolish to pay money to **** yourself off. I enjoy it for the challenge of building teams and because I enjoy playing computer games and sports games. We all know the flaws — not counting a HBP/E as facing a batter, runners holding at 3rd on DPs, etc. etc. etc. Because the code running thegame is so old they can't go in and just fix a few things, and there aren't enough live players to justify the time it would take to reprogram it. The announcement that they were going to revamp live was silly and we knew when it was made that it was BS. 

I also like to play war sims, particularly WWII, and have never found one even as realistic as the best board games out there. But I find the best options and go with those, despite inaccuracies in weather effects, air power, and so on. All computer games are like that to a degree; it's just not as glaring as simple errors in the rules of the game that should have been fixed when they were discovered many years ago. I enjoy the game enough to overlook its flaws, aggravating as they can be.

Ideally someone interested in improving it buys the game from Fox, but that's a huge longshot. Other than that, the best we can hope for is that they continue to maintain it. More likely, it is what it is. I hope you stick around because you run great leagues, have a clue about life, and play plenty of games. But if it's aggravating more often than it's enjoyable, there's no rational argument for continuing to play.
10/19/2014 10:44 PM
The thing that bothers me the most is that I don't think the people that own or run this site give a rats arse about the people who play it. Your frustration is shared by many including myself whatever you decide I wish you well.
10/20/2014 1:05 AM
For the most, I think that WIS does a-OK for simulating MLB. As for the post season, I agree with Arvid- my hero, idol, and role model ... I must be really screwed up! ... 
10/20/2014 2:36 AM
Posted by gusv on 10/20/2014 2:36:00 AM (view original):
For the most, I think that WIS does a-OK for simulating MLB. As for the post season, I agree with Arvid- my hero, idol, and role model ... I must be really screwed up! ... 
http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=399641&ThreadID=8087126#l_8087126
10/20/2014 10:00 AM
taking some time off would probably be good for you if you're really burnt out on it

10/20/2014 6:39 PM
I apologize for spouting off. Probably shouldn't have posted but it was the moment.
10/20/2014 6:52 PM
I'm reasonably sure worse things have been posted.
10/20/2014 7:49 PM
yes by me
10/20/2014 8:01 PM
I hear ya man.  I checked out of live for the very same reasons.  I have zero doubt that the regular sim and the live sim are two totally different beasts that diverged from the same path at some time and just never met back up. 

You were always one of the cool dudes, don't sweat getting ****** for very good reasons.
10/20/2014 8:10 PM
yeah, Steve...it can be as random as dice & baseball cards...but still -- it's playing die & baseball cards with guys that love baseball as much as you do. And progressives can be rewarding- you've had one hell of a run in the JFK,,,

I dunno, man..putting more pressure on the programmers to improve the game would be nice.
I'd like to see something as simple as miniature thumbnail pictures of the hitters, base runners, pitchers from Google Images or Baseball Reference.

Hopefully someday we'll get some kind of update(s). But you would be HUGELY missed, Steve.

You're one of the originals...we're all gonna die someday- but I'm gonna die with my boots on still playing Baseball with you fellas ! :-))

10/24/2014 12:07 AM
I think we all have been through what you were feeling in the moment. I know I have questioned many times, why do I keep coming back.
Hmm, now that I'm thinking about it again. Why do I keep coming back to this damn crooked **** sucking web site? I'm going to have to get back to you on this subject matter, once I've figured it out myself.
10/24/2014 8:29 AM
12 Next ▸
Burned out on the Sim Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.