3 PT. distro in dual threat scorers at DIII Topic

I just wanted to get peoples opinions as to how they would handle the following 2 players 3 point frequency.

First Mattew Frye, his perimeter potential is 99, so obviously he won't max out but he'l keep getting better.  Last year I kept him at 0 fro 3 pt frequency, but I had other shooters last year, and he's my best perimeter player this year.  However I don't want to play a plus, because that might negate his low post.  So how frequently should I let him take 3's?

And the other is George Beal, his perimeter is at a number that I'd typically set him at -1.  But his speed and BH are not good for a shooter.  So should I just ignore the perimeter and play him at -2?

All legitimate opinions are appreciated.  Thanks.
10/21/2014 8:31 AM
Since Frye has a FT of B- and not a stellar PER rating, I'd roll with 0.
10/21/2014 8:55 AM
If Beal is playing front-line, I'd go with -2.  If he's playing at SF, I'd go with 0 for a few games, then re-evaluate

I'd play Frye at 0
10/21/2014 11:33 AM
For Frye. I would base it on the matchup. &#160; Low ATH &#160;and BLK, go -1.<br />
Low Speed, go +1 or +2<br />
<br />
<br />
For Beal. I would also look at the matchups. &#160; If he is being covered by someone slow (like a PF) I would go -1 or 0. &#160;If it was a SF he would probably be -2.
10/21/2014 12:33 PM
Doesn't LP play less of a role in the fastbreak however?

It's a tough call, because one of them may have great speed, but not so great ballhandling or great LP but not great athleticism.

My best advice, go with the statistics/numbers. Whatever is giving you the best results, that's what you should go with. Take into account driving and playing the LP will get you more free throws. He's also going to perform differently based on different defenses and who's guarding him. There may not be one answer that will satisfy all requirements.
10/21/2014 1:40 PM (edited)
Thanks for the responses so far.  Just to clarify since people are making different assumptions.  Beal is playing PF this season.  Frye might be SF or SG depending on what I decide to do with my recruits.  But I was leaning at playing him at SF because I feel like (and I don't know if this is actually true) it will more utilize his low post and rebounding.
10/21/2014 3:33 PM
3 PT. distro in dual threat scorers at DIII Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.