Season 77, D3 Topic

[Insert sad comment about Wooster here]

Last Night
#3 Hardin-Simmons 64   #7 Baldwin-Wallace 82
After a very close first half with several lead changes, the home team opened up the second half with a 13-2 run that H-Sims never was able to fully recover from.  B-Wall kept up the scoring pressure and was able to finish off an impressive double-digit home upset.  Big boy pants, indeed.

Also considered: #5 Austin held serve at home over #25 Transylvania 76-61, #6 Millsaps pulled away from Earlham 79-60, #1 Lynchburg moved up to the top spot after a 76-49 home win over Ohio Wesleyan, #11 Willamette got a late 3ptr to force OT and then outlasted Wabash in the extra frame 85-82, #20 Whittier swapped spots in the rankings with a home win over Whitworth 82-64, and #14 Dallas got past Palm Beach Atlantic 57-50.

Sim blowout watch: Haverford didn't keep it close but still covered against #22 Johnson and Wales 52-93 and Staten Island just barely scored enough to cover at #8 S. Vermont 36-84.

GotN
#6 Millsaps (5-1)(brianxavier) at Susquehanna (4-2)(zeuspole)
No games with two ranked teams tonight so we're going with this nice matchup between old foes.  Not that I'm calling you guys old, I have no idea about your age.  Probably old, though.  Anyway both of these teams have played a tough schedule so far, each holding two victories over ranked teams.  brian has an 8-4 lead in the series and his team is favored by 8 on the road here.

Also considered: #2 Buena Vista at Ohio Wesleyan, #5 Austin at Menlo, Oberlin at #10 Nebraska Wesleyan, #15 Chapman at Dominican, #16 Hamline at Aurora, and #19 Christopher Newport at Ramapo

Sim blowout watch: Three spreads in the 40's tonight: Mississippi College getting 41 points at home against #8 S. Vermont, SUNY Oswego getting 43 on the road at #22 Johnson and Wales, and a sim-on-sim special with Colby-Sawyer as a 43 point home dog hosting #12 Allegheny.
11/21/2014 10:59 AM
That's a nice win for a zone defense team (Baldwin-Wallace).  Hardin-Simmons is really good (I say that because they beat the tar out of me)
11/21/2014 11:38 AM
I would like to thank all the little people who made last night possible......mostly it's just nacho who reminded during the CT last year to schedule some noncon games...yeah, just nacho, he''s my little people.
11/21/2014 12:52 PM
Posted by scaturo on 11/21/2014 12:52:00 PM (view original):
I would like to thank all the little people who made last night possible......mostly it's just nacho who reminded during the CT last year to schedule some noncon games...yeah, just nacho, he''s my little people.
It's moments like this that make all the hard work worth it...let me know if you need somebody to butter all those bagels for you next time.
11/22/2014 5:04 AM
No special thanks to me for doing all that recruit scouting for you a couple seasons ago? Snubber.
11/22/2014 5:06 PM
You can be my little person too..........
11/22/2014 6:34 PM
The #1 ranking has not been kind so far this season
11/22/2014 8:54 PM
Sorry guys, I was traveling this weekend and just got back home so I missed yesterday and today's writeup.  So let me make some quick notes here about today's games so I can come back tomorrow and fill the weekend in and then pick tonight's games.  Today's GoTN probably would've been Transylvania at Nebraska Wesleyan since they're both ranked .  Transylvania got the road win in a close one, 70-66.  For the Also Considered section, I'll probably cheat and pick a few close games and say that I would've picked those.  On to tonight.

GotN
#18 Emmanuel (6-2)(sergei1991) at #10 Baldwin-Wallaace (7-1)(scaturo)
One game with ranked teams and it's Great Northeast at the Ohio conference.  Both of Emmanuel's losses were to ranked teams and B-Wall fell to a solid Hiram team a couple nights ago.  This is the first meeting between the coaches, the home team is favored by 1.

Also considered: Whitworth at #1 Buena Vista, Palm Beach Atlantic at #2 Millsaps, #8 Chapman at Ursinus, Webster at #15 Christopher Newport, and #21 Vassar at Dominican

Sim blowout watch: Awesome, it's another sim-on-sim special tonight with winless Springfield getting a hefty 71 points as they visit fellow undefeated sim #22 John Carroll.
11/23/2014 10:10 PM
Very big game tonight for #2 Millsaps on the road versus #3 Austin.  GoTN perhaps????
11/24/2014 4:34 PM
Ok, let's try to get caught up a little bit.  Also, Wooster actually has a chance tonight to go .500 in non-conference play.  Might be a pre-Thanksgiving miracle!

Last Last Last Night
#2 Millsaps 95   Susquehanna 88
This was a back-and-forth high scoring affair with the visitors making a big comeback in the second half.  Susquehanna held 47-37 lead at the break but Millsaps wouldn't go away and eventually pulled even around the midpoint of the second half.  They were tied at 80 with just under five minutes to go and it looked like we were headed to a classic finish, but Millsaps locked down the defense, went on a quick 5-0 run to pull ahead, and then nursed the lead with free throws.

Also considered: #1 Buena Vista cruised past Ohio Wesleyan 87-64, #3 Austin got the road win at Menlo 90-70, Oberlin upset Nebraska Wesleyan 68-64, #7 Chapman pulled away from Dominican 104-70, #15 Hamline got past Aurora 73-64, #17 Christopher Newport downed Ramapo 71-61.

Sim blowout watch: All three sims covered: Mississippi College fell to #12 S. Vermont 53-85, SUNY Oswego lost to #19 Johnson and Wales 47-70, and Colby-Sawyer got pity from it's fellow sim #13 Allegheny 46-60.

Last Last Night
#14 Transylvania 70    Nebraska Wesleyan 66
This was another close one with neither team able to pull away and build a big lead.  The visitors led by 2 at the half and were able to wrap up the nice road victory with a parade of free throws in the final minute.

Also considered: #2 Millsaps ran away from Menlo at home 118-80, #3 Austin coasted past Emory and Henry 94-70, #4 Bridgewater edged Wabash 62-52, #5 Trinty slipped by Wentworth Tech 63-59, and Wooster upset #22 Howard Payne 82-71.  (We're saved!!)

Last Night
#25 Emmanuel 57   #9 Baldwin-Wallace 65
I keep preparing hilarious smart-*** remarks for when Baldwin-Wallace loses a featured game but sadly the involved teams keep ruining my plans.  Oh well, maybe next time.

Also considered: #1 Buena Vista held off Whitworth at home 77-64, #2 Millsaps did the same against Palm Beach Atlantic 81-67, #7 Chapman escaped Ursinus with a 79-73 win, #20 Webster out-Gorloked #17 Christopher Newport 57-52, and Dominican got the home upset over Vassar 83-64.

Sim blowout watch: Springfield is still winless but at least they know they have sim-friends who don't embarrass them on the national stage.  They covered at #23 John Carroll 47-73.

GotN
#1 Buena Vista (9-0)(clouseb) at #6 Willamette (8-1)(bullman17)
Wow, three games between ranked opponents on the final night of non-conference play including one between top five teams.  But we'll focus on this game as our undefeated top-ranked team goes for the perfect non-conference season as they visit one-loss Willamette.  The home team's only loss was in game one and they've been rolling ever since while B-Vista only has one victory by single digits (against everyone's favorite team).  This is yet another first time meeting and the odds-makers have the visitors by just 1.

Also considered: #2 Millsaps at #3 Austin, #11 Capital at #24 Whittier, Ohio Wesleyan at #4 Bridgewater, Occidental at #7 Chapman, #14 Transylvania at Wisconsin-Platteville, and #17 Christopher Newport at Randolph-Macon

Sim blowout watch: Ferrum is a 59 point home dog as they welcome #15 Hamline to town.
11/24/2014 5:22 PM
Oh man, now I feel like I've let brian down.  I'm the worst.
11/24/2014 5:22 PM
Doing some scouting for tonights game and I discovered that one of Williamette's players, Maurice Steinfeldt, has improved from 18 to 99 in low post.
11/24/2014 5:55 PM
I knew he was going to be good when I got the high-high-high-high scouting message for LP.
11/24/2014 10:15 PM
Posted by pseudochamp on 11/24/2014 5:22:00 PM (view original):
Oh man, now I feel like I've let brian down.  I'm the worst.
11/24/2014 10:41 PM
Eight teams made it through non-conference with a perfect record and there's a 9-0 sim playing their tenth game tonight, on the other side there are still thirteen winless teams.  Four wins is pretty solid, right?  Right?

Last Night
#1 Buena Vista 78   #12 Willamette 59
Our number one team is one of those 10-0 teams as they closed out the non-conference with an impressive road win.  B-Vista went into the break with a 10 point lead and while Willamette made a couple runs in the second, they couldn't quiet get the lead down to single digits for more than a possession.  B-Vista and clouseb stay perfect and enter conference play with the top ranking while Willamette and bullman drop just out of the top ten with their second loss.

Also considered: #2 Millsaps pulled away from #8 Austin 98-82, #9 Capital smothered Whitter with defense 62-37, #3 Bridgewater got the home win over Ohio Wesleyan 74-64, #5 Chapman did the same against Occidental 90-79, Wisconsin-Platteville upset #22 Transylvania at home 76-59, and #15 Christopher Newport got two free throws with two seconds left to edge Randolph-Macon 52-50.

Sim blowout watch: Ferrum covered with relative ease against #16 Hamline 55-81.

Enjoy the off night everyone and good luck in conference play starting tomorrow night.
11/25/2014 10:32 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Season 77, D3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.