College basketball theme league Topic

Has anybody ran this theme in a while?  I know Jordan & Wilt are often banned from open leagues and North Carolina would still be pretty competitive w/out MJ.

Now that my college football theme has filled, would anybody be interested if I ran this theme?
11/24/2014 4:21 PM
1.  It's tough to fill any basketball theme these days, but you never know, which is a nice segue to #2;
2.  Post it in the right thread to see what kind of response you get.

11/24/2014 4:40 PM
Draft or first come first served?
11/24/2014 4:45 PM
I've always ran my theme leagues on a first come, first serve basis.  As long as owner clearly claim their team in the forum thread that's how I prefer it.
11/24/2014 5:29 PM
I have run a variation of an Alumni League every year for probably close to a decade. I try to have it end around April 1, when March Madness ends. Lately that has meant starting sign-ups in January. (Check the old Theme League Classifieds.) There is usually some "tweak" to rosters, to help the smaller and/or less fortunate schools, and because "straight" Alumni Leagues had been done so many times before. I plan on continuing the tradition come January 2015. If you're curious what I have in mind, site-mail and I'll share.
11/24/2014 7:46 PM
Count me in for a college basketball team!
11/24/2014 9:04 PM
I'll make sure to site-mail everyone who posted / posts here when I start it in the Classifieds in early January.

Just remember, I always get 1 of the 2 available Notre Dame teams.
11/25/2014 5:07 PM
I've already put together a Georgia Tech team.  We need help on D!!!
11/25/2014 9:21 PM
Posted by Got_Worms on 11/24/2014 4:21:00 PM (view original):
Has anybody ran this theme in a while?  I know Jordan & Wilt are often banned from open leagues and North Carolina would still be pretty competitive w/out MJ.

Now that my college football theme has filled, would anybody be interested if I ran this theme?
Yeah the typical banned teams are North Carolina, UCLA and Kansas.  Too much depth for the first two and Kansas has Wilt.  I would be interested and like all3 said look at the past seasons alumni leagues for more ideas..

For example I ran some college leagues where you can recruit another player onto the team.  So, for example, you allow to recruit one player who attended college in the same state of your team.  So if you chose Arkansas, you could recruit Scottie Pippen.  Or went to High School in same state, born in etc..

11/26/2014 6:36 AM (edited)
I've always wanted to field an international team in a league like this. You know, Dirk, Calderon, Kukoc. Talk about no defense though. I'm in if you let me take a crack at foreign born players who didn't play in college. 
11/26/2014 12:11 PM (edited)
I would be interested
11/26/2014 11:23 AM
I was also thinking about allowing a team of players that didn't go to college but Kobe, Garnett, & LeBron might form one of the better teams in this theme.
11/26/2014 1:01 PM
Posted by Got_Worms on 11/26/2014 1:01:00 PM (view original):
I was also thinking about allowing a team of players that didn't go to college but Kobe, Garnett, & LeBron might form one of the better teams in this theme.
Yeah, i think a no college team is just too good. Don't forget Moses Malone and Dwight Howard there with Lebron and Garnett. Yikes. 
11/26/2014 2:05 PM
Posted by Got_Worms on 11/26/2014 1:01:00 PM (view original):
don't forget Moses Malone
11/26/2014 2:35 PM
Tracy McGrady the 6th man?  Does Kwame Brown ride the pine?
11/26/2014 5:11 PM
123 Next ▸
College basketball theme league Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.