A new players first season in review Topic

Just a quick update, the first two regular games I played as a coach in the game were against Hope and Carthage-- I lost by a combined total of 108-9. Both of those team are now in the final four of the D3 playoffs. Congratulations to pdanao and derek1222 on the achievement, and I hope you both end up playing each other in the final. Makes me feel slightly better about those losses in retrospect. 
12/15/2014 2:55 PM
Another question,

As far as I can tell, teams for playoff purposes aren't arranged according to region, i.e. a team from New England isnt more or less likely to be in the "east" bracket than they are in, say, the west or the south. Is this correct? It might have some impact on what schools I apply to starting tomorrow. Thanks. 
12/16/2014 9:52 PM
No schools are exclusively put into the regions according to WIS-rankings. As far as I can tell, the only permutations I saw are when teams from the same conference would have met in the first round. Then it seems that the lower ranked team will lose a spot so this doesn't happen.
12/17/2014 3:53 AM
As everyone has said, don't get too frustrated by not winning right away.  Very few new coaches come in and win right away unless they have "cherry picked" an already good team.  Recruiting is king here, and talent will trump most game planning until you get to an even or better matchup..  There are many coaches who do run a single offense with great success, you just have to know how to recruit for that respective offense.  Most do use 2 on offense and defense on the average though.  My advice would be to check out other coaches that run your offense and defense and try to emulate what they are doing, what types of players, and how many at each position.  Don't be afraid to ask questions in here or by sitemail to vet coaches.  Most are helpful, and especially dublinuf as he is one of the elites in the game!!
12/17/2014 8:50 AM
PO teams WIS ranked 1234 5678 x 4 ...which means 1234 are 1 seeds and 8765 are 2 seeds on down the line ....1 & 8 - 2 & 7 - 3 & 6 - 4 & 5 play per region 1st round.
12/17/2014 11:19 PM
Does anyone use the 5-2? I assume it's geared towards getting sacks, which I'd like to be able to do, but since I dont see anyone using it I'm assuming its difficult to get results with. 
12/18/2014 3:52 PM
Posted by udmlaw on 12/18/2014 3:52:00 PM (view original):
Does anyone use the 5-2? I assume it's geared towards getting sacks, which I'd like to be able to do, but since I dont see anyone using it I'm assuming its difficult to get results with. 
I used it in 1.0 with the Nickel for pass defense. However, I prefer the 3-4 for everything for 3.0
12/18/2014 8:45 PM
◂ Prev 12
A new players first season in review Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.