North Korea wins Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 12/17/2014 10:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 12/17/2014 10:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/17/2014 10:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 12/17/2014 10:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/17/2014 9:42:00 PM (view original):
I mean, if this is actually North Korea, they did us all a favor by getting this piece of **** pulled.
So you're OK with North Korea sanctioning terrorist threats against U.S. citizens on U.S. soil?
A) I'm joking. Lighten up, Francis.
B) Is this actually a North Korea sponsored threat? I have no idea.
C) I don't think you're a foreign policy expert, so I'm sad I won't get to hear your opinion on whatever, if anything, Obama does.
A)  How did you know that my name is Francis?
B)  CNN is reporting that the US is set to blame North Korea for the threat.
C)  I know you have no problems with stating your opinions.  What do you think Obama should do if there's credible evidence?
I genuinely don't know what we should do. I lean towards nothing, at least not a military response. International state sponsored hacking happens. We do it to Iran, China does it to us, etc.
"Do nothing".

Great answer.

This is less about hacking (because, as you mention, everybody does it, including the U.S.).  It's more about making terrorist threats to our citizens.

"Do nothing".

12/18/2014 8:02 AM
Our leader has spoken.

In an interview with ABC News on Wednesday, President Barack Obama called the cyberattack on Sony “very serious” but suggested the administration has yet to establish the hacker threat to moviegoers as credible. “For now, my recommendation would be that people go to the movies,” he said. The FBI, meanwhile, advised in a private document obtained by Reuters that theaters and other businesses associated with “The Interview” could be targeted in cyberattacks.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/545/article/p2p-82324563/

12/18/2014 8:35 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
My guess is most of Hollywood is liberal.    Where's Rogen and Franco?   Where are the Sony execs?  
12/18/2014 8:58 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 12/18/2014 8:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/17/2014 10:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 12/17/2014 10:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/17/2014 10:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 12/17/2014 10:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/17/2014 9:42:00 PM (view original):
I mean, if this is actually North Korea, they did us all a favor by getting this piece of **** pulled.
So you're OK with North Korea sanctioning terrorist threats against U.S. citizens on U.S. soil?
A) I'm joking. Lighten up, Francis.
B) Is this actually a North Korea sponsored threat? I have no idea.
C) I don't think you're a foreign policy expert, so I'm sad I won't get to hear your opinion on whatever, if anything, Obama does.
A)  How did you know that my name is Francis?
B)  CNN is reporting that the US is set to blame North Korea for the threat.
C)  I know you have no problems with stating your opinions.  What do you think Obama should do if there's credible evidence?
I genuinely don't know what we should do. I lean towards nothing, at least not a military response. International state sponsored hacking happens. We do it to Iran, China does it to us, etc.
"Do nothing".

Great answer.

This is less about hacking (because, as you mention, everybody does it, including the U.S.).  It's more about making terrorist threats to our citizens.

"Do nothing".

I don't think you're a foreign policy expert so you aren't quslified enough to give an opinion on whether or not it's a great answer.
12/18/2014 9:00 AM
I am an expert on your dumbassery in the forums, so I'm highly qualified to offer opinions on your posts.
12/18/2014 9:05 AM
Oh ok. So what would you do if you were Obama?
12/18/2014 9:10 AM
Duck and cover.  Just like Gore said he would have done in 2001 to combat terrorists.  

Don't worry, Obama is helping Cuba to send Un arms. 
12/18/2014 9:33 AM
I don't know.  I'm not an expert on foreign policy.  But I would hope that it would be more than "nothing". 

I can't remember offhand a precedent for something like this, where an apparently state sanctioned action from an "unfriendly" country came with an implied terrorist threat against Americans on US soil, and had a direct affect on businesses (Sony, and all the movie theaters that planned to carry the movie).  One has to assume that there is a negative financial impact to a number of entities.  That cannot be ignored.

12/18/2014 9:36 AM
Obama said "Just go to the movies."    I think that solved the problem. 
12/18/2014 9:41 AM
Will he buy tickets for all my family?  Popcorn, too?
12/18/2014 9:55 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 12/18/2014 9:36:00 AM (view original):
I don't know.  I'm not an expert on foreign policy.  But I would hope that it would be more than "nothing". 

I can't remember offhand a precedent for something like this, where an apparently state sanctioned action from an "unfriendly" country came with an implied terrorist threat against Americans on US soil, and had a direct affect on businesses (Sony, and all the movie theaters that planned to carry the movie).  One has to assume that there is a negative financial impact to a number of entities.  That cannot be ignored.

If you don't know, then how do you know that nothing isn't the best answer?
12/18/2014 9:59 AM
Because "do nothing" is usually not a good deterrent against future actions.
12/18/2014 10:04 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/18/2014 9:41:00 AM (view original):
Obama said "Just go to the movies."    I think that solved the problem. 
I laughed
12/18/2014 10:07 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...13 Next ▸
North Korea wins Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.