Probably Won't Sign Prospects Topic

Anyone have any data for how often they end up signing?

After they reject your offer (meaning with the X stating they won't sign) have you ever had someone sign by offering them the contract over and over?

Thanks in advance for the responses.
12/18/2014 11:22 AM
I only tried it once, and it worked.

After you get the red X next to the player's name on the "Draft Results" page, you're no longer able to make them an offer from that page.  But if you click on the little icon on the reject email in your inbox, you can get to the negotiation page and make another offer that way.

12/18/2014 2:32 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 12/18/2014 2:32:00 PM (view original):
I only tried it once, and it worked.

After you get the red X next to the player's name on the "Draft Results" page, you're no longer able to make them an offer from that page.  But if you click on the little icon on the reject email in your inbox, you can get to the negotiation page and make another offer that way.

Yeah that is what I am doing maybe it works.
12/18/2014 3:57 PM
I've also had a 100% success rate with only one attempt. The guy didnt even ask for more money, he just signed.
12/18/2014 5:13 PM
Yeah, my guy signed after I re-offered the original offer.
12/18/2014 9:35 PM
FYI He signed for 7.8 MM after the 3rd time offering his demand of 5.0MM. A good result.
12/26/2014 12:53 PM
once went 4 or 5 rounds with a "probably won't sign kid" before he finally agreed to sign for an 11.3 mil signing bonus (or something close to that) as the #3 pick. 5 time cy young winner, future hall of famer, totally worth it, but took several weeks for the process to work out.
12/31/2014 4:02 PM
For the prospects who say "Looking to be drafted in the first round. If not, he'll probably accept a scholarship to play DI college baseball."   any chance they'll sign if they go later than the first round? 
1/3/2015 4:01 PM
Probably Won't Sign Prospects Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.