Keeper World Discussion Thread Topic

This thread is for the use of users who have indicated interest or would be interested in setting up a theme world in which the concept is you can only carry 20 players on your 40 man roster.

Each team will be allowed to keep a maximum of 20 players on the 40 man roster at the time of the rule 5 draft.

Your 20 man roster would be achieved by;

DFA with waivers (minors or majors)
Release (either minors or arb eligible MLers)
Signed MLers not assigned to the 25 man

This set up is similar to many perpetual fantasy leagues where you are allowed only to protect a portion of your team year to year, and the remainder of the team is drafted each season.

The Rule 5 draft, waiver wire and free agency thus becomes the method to fill out most or all of your remaining 40 man roster (since the DFAd players will have not had cleared waivers and thus be Rule 5 draft eligible)
1/1/2015 11:40 AM (edited)
15 confirmed interested parties.
Still waiting to hear from 4 more people who previously showed interest, but from whom I haven't received confirmation.
Ford world is considering, and has 16 openings.

My feeling is that our group is going to need to conduct a team selection draft once we have a world to use.
1/3/2015 4:39 PM (edited)
Grabbed a team in Ford.  Waiting on their decision.
1/4/2015 1:44 AM
Anything more than a maximum of 20 players on the 40 would defeat the entire purpose of the theme.  I'm out if it's more than 20.
1/4/2015 3:03 PM
The original post says 20 players so I'm not sure why you'd think that would change...
1/4/2015 5:15 PM
There's some push back from one owner in Ford, trying to insist on 25 being the number. Tecwrg is just voicing his support for the rule proposal as it stands.
1/4/2015 9:21 PM
I've been in Ford since day 1. There are a few current owners who would prefer 25 but are willing to move forward with 20. I think we're ready to do this. 
1/5/2015 8:38 AM
It would be great if a few more owners joined Ford now to keep the ball rolling
1/5/2015 4:16 PM
None of my business but you better make sure EVERYONE is on board before you fill it.    Otherwise you might find out a few owners are more interested in playing than playing by the new rules.   

Been there, done that. 
1/5/2015 4:22 PM
Absolutely. I'm not interested in half measures. Main problem facing us right now is the fact that there are three owners in there who haven't checked in since early/mid December. We'll need full consensus for this theme to work.
1/5/2015 4:59 PM
Yeah, last thing you want is 1-2 owners saying "I wasn't here to vote on that.   Not happening with me" moments after the world is approved.   Then the handful who wanted more than 20 will be free to say "Well, if they're not doing it, I'm not doing it."     All of a sudden, the whole thing blows up and the 12-15 owners who joined specifically to play your game have wasted a season. 

Of course, I told death this months ago. 
1/5/2015 5:02 PM
Those three absentee fellas are a roadblock, but I hope it's not insurmountable. Annoyingly, each one of them aren't in any other worlds. I'll be commish soon, and once I am, I will start a ticket with admin asking for them to contact them. After they say no to that (which of course they will), we will have to come up with some "outside of the box" solutions to force admin to contact or remove them. Anyone have any ideas? The only things I can think of are a mass ticket campaign, or a mass pull out campaign. Something that shows the site that 29 paying customers want something done post-haste.
1/5/2015 6:26 PM (edited)
What are your thoughts on the MWR rule, in terms of numbers?
1/5/2015 7:13 PM
Off the top of my head, 55/120/190/265.
1/5/2015 7:57 PM
I would think a simple ticket saying "Hey, these clowns aren't checking in.   We're trying to amend rules and can't do so without their consent.   Please credit their accounts and remove them from the world."
1/5/2015 8:02 PM
1|2|3...26 Next ▸
Keeper World Discussion Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.