Keeper World Discussion Thread Topic

It's only as complicated as you make it.    Get to 20 twice overcomplicates it but it is just twice.   It's not that complicated. 
I think putting a limit on WW claims, since zero went over like a lead balloon, is nonsense just because of the delay of knowing if your WW claim was successful.  

But neither one of those rules should make your head spin.

As I said, you're on page 18, day 12 and you don't even have anthing close to a consensus.   And you have owners still stating they'd prefer a different option.

This concept has to be all in or none in.  Otherwise, it's an exercise in futility.
1/12/2015 1:39 PM
What I see happening is B being the majority.     2 deadlines with no limit on WW claims.   So next shobob writes up the rules with that in the body.   Maybe all 32 agree or maybe 1 does not.  Then the process starts over if 1 does not.

Or, even worse, half a dozen aren't at 20 for either deadline.  Claim it was "too confusing".   Wasted season for those wanting to play under this concept. 
1/12/2015 1:44 PM
Again, to me the least complicated approach is everyone is at 20 at the start of FA. Then WW or R5 or limits or anything doesn't need to even come into it. Everyone has kept the 20 they want and we go on. The only 'checking' is to make sure everyone has 20 on their 40 man at the beginning of FA cycle.  
1/12/2015 2:26 PM
Its not two deadlines so much as it is two enforcement check points for the commish and those helping. You cut to 20 by the start of Free Agency and remain at 20 through the Rule 5.
1/12/2015 2:28 PM
Seems to me the deadline is R5 freeze.  Any requirement before then is redundant.    What's the point of having it at 20 at the start of FA?
1/12/2015 2:35 PM
It's the beginning of the season. These are the 20 I am keeping. Actually it should be in the first 24 hours from when you can actually make roster moves. Making the cutoff up to FA start gives everyone a little more time. 
1/12/2015 2:46 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/12/2015 2:35:00 PM (view original):
Seems to me the deadline is R5 freeze.  Any requirement before then is redundant.    What's the point of having it at 20 at the start of FA?
I completely agree with this, but I capitulated, and compromised in order to move forward.
1/12/2015 2:48 PM
That's where the whole concept started.  Then somebody suggested that it should be at the beginning of the FA period.  Then it devolved into a clusterfuck of debate over a number of different permutations, and people voting for option #4 or option #5 when only 3 options were presented.
1/12/2015 2:50 PM
In that case, you wouldn't be allowing anyone to make WW claims until after FA starts.    Because you've decided which 20 you are keeping at the beginning of the season.   And you wouldn't worry about how many players an owner has when the R5 starts because you've started the player acquisition process. 

It honestly feels like you're trying to do 2-3 different things.   And that's what's complicating the process. 
1/12/2015 2:51 PM
Same here. I voted for B. But for the sake of discussion, I'd think it would be better at the beginning of the season. As to not help and drag it out, I'll stop giving my opinion on it. 
1/12/2015 2:52 PM
Posted by shobob on 1/12/2015 2:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/12/2015 2:35:00 PM (view original):
I completely agree with this, but I capitulated, and compromised in order to move forward.
Uncapitulate, give one option, vote and get it rolling/shitcan the idea/move on.

It's obviously turned into a clusterfuck.
1/12/2015 2:52 PM
Here's what you do.

You get your merry group of men and make a decision.   You present it to worlds that have sat idle for months.   They agree or  they don't.   You're never going to get 32 people to agree on one concept.   Give them the concept to accept/deny.

This is from experience.   S1 of Coop rolled.  This guy wasn't going to be available until Thursday.   Thursday thru Sat were no good for the next guy.   I let it play out for about a week and finally said "I'm approving on this day.   If it doesn't work for you, you can pull out."
1/12/2015 2:58 PM
I really don't think it's turned into a cluster anything. It's a new concept and obviously people have varied opinions on how it should be carried out. The very nature of a discussion forum sort of drags it out. More than likely put a group in a room and let them argue it out and it would have been settled a long time ago. 

I'm good with the A,B,C thing. Most votes wins. 
1/12/2015 2:58 PM
Yet it's not A, B, C.    People are tossing out options D and E.     F should be coming along very soon. 
1/12/2015 3:00 PM
IF we want to consider a single point of enforcement, I'd rather it be at R5 freeze day.  My understanding of the concept as originally proposed a couple of months ago was that everybody keeps 20 players, and then fills out the rest of their roster at or after R5 time with a redistribution of the misfits and R5 guys.

If you do the single point of enforcement before the start of FA, everybody's roster is already somewhat thinned out, many of the better available players are in the FA pool, and the pool for redistribution is smaller and probably less talented.

The strategy and attraction of the theme is in the competition for filling out the 21-25 spots on the roster.  So you want the hard decisions to come after the FA period has completed.

1/12/2015 3:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19|20|21...26 Next ▸
Keeper World Discussion Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.