Keeper World Discussion Thread Topic

Besides, the penalty for going over would be that you have to waive any claims made after you hit the limit. Not a big deal.
1/31/2015 2:26 PM
If you have a guy with multiple years left on his contract, he's on your protected list.   Problem solved.    Don't want that restriction, don't sign guys to multi-year deals.    I'm sure that won't be popular but no one makes you give a guy a 5 year deal when he's only going to be worth it for 3.
1/31/2015 4:26 PM
Just checked my 4 teams.   I don't have a player in the minors signed beyond this year.   I suspect this is the case with 99% of HBD teams.   So, in essence, the only reason to do it would be to hide a player.   Don't allow it.
1/31/2015 4:45 PM
Also checked your SA and MC teams in our shared worlds, shobob.   You have no minor leaguers signed beyond this season either. 

Which trashes your "too complicated to enforce".    Took me longer to swap worlds than to check your teams for minor leaguers signed beyond this season.
1/31/2015 4:49 PM
Posted by shobob on 1/31/2015 1:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jkenned on 1/31/2015 12:55:00 PM (view original):
A ban on claims is easier to enforce than limiting them. A ban means anyone that claims a player has to waive them. With a limit you have to check each team to make sure they didn't go over that limit.
Banning waiver claims cannot be done without a) introducing a loophole or b)introducing complex rules to close the loophole.
Incorrect.  Took me less than two minutes to check your two teams in Foxx/MG.
1/31/2015 4:50 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/31/2015 4:26:00 PM (view original):
If you have a guy with multiple years left on his contract, he's on your protected list.   Problem solved.    Don't want that restriction, don't sign guys to multi-year deals.    I'm sure that won't be popular but no one makes you give a guy a 5 year deal when he's only going to be worth it for 3.
This would work, but I don't think people would go for it. Would this not act as a big drag on free agent signings?
1/31/2015 5:56 PM
Note that neither of us have multi-year players in the minors on the 6 teams I checked.    I don't think anyone would have more than 1.   And, if they do, they're too busy ******* up free agent signings to worry about. 
1/31/2015 6:01 PM
Guess it's time for me to **** some people off.   Anyone saying "It's so complicated" is probably a little dumb or just adverse to change. 

Again, I thought the idea of the entire theme was a sort of "redistribution draft" via the R5.   You're protecting 80% of your BL roster and, hopefully, moving the other 20% from the good to the bad.   There shouldn't be any "impact players" involved and no bottomfeeder should have a big advantage over another bottomfeeder thru the entire process.   Allowing WW claims does.   And allowing a "free for all" with FA signings during the R5 freeze is giving a distinct advantage to the owner(s) who have access first. 
1/31/2015 6:05 PM
I read your chat and find it hilarious when someone says "We already have so many restrictions...."

No, you have one restriction.  When the R5 draft freeze occurs, you can have no more than 20 players on your 40 man roster.

WHOA!!!!  That sounds sooooooo complicated.    If you didn't graduate from an Ivy League school, it's almost impossible to understand.

Jeez.
1/31/2015 6:13 PM
This guy understands the rule:

Took this guy a little longer but he was watching Wapner when it was explained:

This guy figured it out while eating some french fried potaters:

1/31/2015 6:18 PM
League meeting in Ford:

1/31/2015 6:46 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/31/2015 4:45:00 PM (view original):
Just checked my 4 teams.   I don't have a player in the minors signed beyond this year.   I suspect this is the case with 99% of HBD teams.   So, in essence, the only reason to do it would be to hide a player.   Don't allow it.

It can be different if you come into a world and take over a team that was run by a 'tard.  I inherited seven players with $1m+ contracts who have no place on my major league team, so they're playing out their contracts in the minors.  Two of them have contracts that go beyond the current season.

So what you're saying is true in the worlds your in, because they're quality worlds.  In 'tard worlds . . . not necessarily the case.

1/31/2015 7:18 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/31/2015 6:46:00 PM (view original):
League meeting in Ford:

CAPTION "Give 'em hell, MikeT. We think you can win!"
1/31/2015 7:26 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/31/2015 7:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/31/2015 4:45:00 PM (view original):

It can be different if you come into a world and take over a team that was run by a 'tard.  I inherited seven players with $1m+ contracts who have no place on my major league team, so they're playing out their contracts in the minors.  Two of them have contracts that go beyond the current season.

So what you're saying is true in the worlds your in, because they're quality worlds.  In 'tard worlds . . . not necessarily the case.

Admittedly, I did not take that into account.

And, judging from the photo of the Ford league meeting, I understand your point.

1/31/2015 7:30 PM
BJS, I blocked you because I have no desire to continue a pointless discussion with you.

A)   You may have not noticed that I didn't use the term 'tard at any point on this page.   I posted some characters from movies with various learning disabilities.
B)   I could care less what offends you personally. 
C)   It was Saturday night.   If I have nothing better to do on Saturday night than send sitemails on this site, I need to re-examine where life went wrong.
D)   At the time, I assumed you'd write some long-winded reply to my first polite sitemail,  2nd "screw you" sitemail and my 3rd 'your opinion means nothing to me" sitemail and I thought it would be funny for it to be undeliverable.   The fact that I sent you sitemails #2 and #3 is silly in the first place.   Most of the time, I don't bother with the polite one.

Finally, if you've got something to say, say it here.    It's the internet.    I won't hunt you down. 
2/1/2015 10:08 AM
◂ Prev 1...23|24|25|26 Next ▸
Keeper World Discussion Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.