spd in post players? Topic

how much and/or when is spd valuable to post players?

Im thinkin obviously Fastbreak/Press it would help but for me I run man/motion so will this help if I go uptempo or kinda doesnt matter?
1/15/2015 10:21 AM
There are some really good threads on this topic......if you can't find them in a search the readers digest version is not much until upper level D1 when everyone has 90+ cores
1/15/2015 12:33 PM
IMO speed really helps a post player score better, even at the D2/D3 level. I'm not sure how much it affects things like rebounding and defense
1/15/2015 12:42 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 1/15/2015 12:42:00 PM (view original):
IMO speed really helps a post player score better, even at the D2/D3 level. I'm not sure how much it affects things like rebounding and defense
I agree.  Matt Lavallie looks like a very nice player, but not a two-time CPOY in arguably the best D2 conference in Knight.  He won Conference DPOY in his senior season and was 3rd team AA twice.  Again, very nice ratings, but I've had bigs with eye-popping core ratings at D2 who didn't perform nearly as well.  What's different about this guy?  50+ speed and passing.  Aside from that, you'll find at least a half-dozen of these guys in any populated conference.
1/15/2015 1:24 PM
Here's an example of a great D3 big with high speed.

www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerHistory/Ratings.aspx

granted he had great cores and lp skills but was putting up 20+ ppg on over 50% shooting.

1/15/2015 2:17 PM
Ath 71, LP 100, BH 65 can score 20+ at D2 even, speed or no speed.
1/15/2015 2:26 PM
I also think that guy's getting into the realm where he's only ambiguously a big.  Without looking at the rest of the team - IE, if I were going to build around that guy from the ground up - I would probably set up a team with him playing the 3, not the 4.
1/15/2015 3:55 PM
I had a guy a long time ago in D2 Allen that had 90 ATH, 50 SPD, 90 REB, 90 DEF, 30 LP. 

He averaged 15+ PPG his junior and senior season and was all-American both years. 
1/15/2015 7:30 PM
ive got a pair of PFs that are gonna be 50s for spd a C in the 30s.  so will that extra 20 spd be anything noticeable for production one they all mature.  My bigs are all FR so Im kinda thinkin out long term.  
1/16/2015 2:18 PM
for the center, probably not. Don't really bother looking at spd for bigs (centers especially) when recruiting. If they happen to develop some, its a (probably minor) bonus...

I love spd in my bigs, but the cores MUST be met before any of that matters. A center with ****** ath, reb, def/blk will not be any good, even with 70 spd (although at that point I guess you might make him something else if he can pass dribble shoot, etc...)
1/18/2015 4:55 AM
spd in post players? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.