Your biggest recruiting state that is not your own Topic

I was looking at my roster and noticed how diverse it was that I had so many players from different states. It got me thinking about other teams and I was wondering what state you have seen the most success in with recruiting that is not your own.

For me: (This will probably change after this recruiting cycle)
3 CA
2 IA
2 NC
2 MO

Fun fact: As the coach of Tennessee St. I have just one player from TN on my roster.

1/26/2015 5:31 PM (edited)
My team is one where a lot of other states (Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee) are sometimes closer than the northern part of my own state.   I kind of depends how far your school is from these arbitrary geographic boundaries.
1/27/2015 9:23 AM
I have never even paid any attention to where a player is from, I just look at his distance from me as compared to the other interested schools. I'm going to have to change that at the D1A level though, recruiting is simply much more aggressive up there and the competition is greater for the good recruits, so I'm going to need to know ahead of time what schools I'm likely to butt heads with before recruiting ever starts!
1/28/2015 4:14 PM
So I'm on my 3rd team in three seasons (taking over West Georgia from Cturk actually) and I've always gotten multiple recruits from California. I think the thing for me tends to be that at DIII and DII there is an overabundance of teams out east and an underabuncance out west, and so those western bluechips can sometimes be a lot better to get on board. Generally, about a third of my recruits are in state or within 200 miles, while about a third come from far out. The rest tend to be in that 200-500 mile radius where its more expensive, but not undoable, to recruit. 

The only other surprising state for me has been Wisconsin. For whatever reason I tend to find a lot of good kids there with high stragth and endurance ratings (like the top-tier fullback I just signed from Beaver Dam)
1/31/2015 6:56 PM
It's not just about the geography, but also that each division is so empty.  I definitely used the nationwide search method in DIII and DII, but changed it up here in DI-AA.  One season fairly recently I was too busy to recruit, so it can be done even at DI-AA, but you have to be careful, and the risk of getting scooped is a lot higher.
1/31/2015 7:00 PM
Your biggest recruiting state that is not your own Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.