Tarheel1991 Jason Kidd, Kevin Garnett, James Harden, Robert Parish
Jcred5 Artis Gilmore, Shawn Marion, Derek Harper, Dirk Nowitzki
Banditone Bill Russell, Tracy McGrady, Dana Barros, Marques Johnson

2/1/2015 10:24 PM (edited)
Why the red/black?  Kinda hard to read.
1/27/2015 2:13 PM
everybody's a critic
1/27/2015 2:36 PM
Okay, if it's not already an explicit rule, it's pretty much a guy rule that you don't mention undrafted players during the draft. But maybe after pick 10 or 12 it would be safe to say what combo we would have picked at 3 and 4?

1/27/2015 2:40 PM
I agree the proper use of the 3/4 is an interesting conundrum - I don't hate what he did but I might have gone with Moses instead of the worm
1/27/2015 2:42 PM
It was absolutely a thought. I went the direction I did with a hand full of players in mind to fill the low post. With LBJ most likely running the point, and the Worm at the 3, I have automatically created two wicked match up nightmares.
1/27/2015 2:49 PM
Posted by uptowngbv on 1/27/2015 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Okay, if it's not already an explicit rule, it's pretty much a guy rule that you don't mention undrafted players during the draft. But maybe after pick 10 or 12 it would be safe to say what combo we would have picked at 3 and 4?

eh...i think we all know who the top guys are...i agree with the rule but it doesnt really protect anything at this point in the draft...its the same guys at the top every time

but for tradition sake i wont mention any names....

i would have paired lebron up with a sg(hmmm) for a devastating backcourt or maybe even a small-ball lineup depending on who was left

rodman works great as well but i would love to see what the above combo could do together

1/27/2015 2:54 PM
maybe but you're not picking your bigs until the 5th round...
1/27/2015 2:56 PM
Posted by dh555 on 1/27/2015 2:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by uptowngbv on 1/27/2015 2:40:00 PM (view original):

eh...i think we all know who the top guys are...i agree with the rule but it doesnt really protect anything at this point in the draft...its the same guys at the top every time

but for tradition sake i wont mention any names....

i would have paired lebron up with a sg(hmmm) for a devastating backcourt or maybe even a small-ball lineup depending on who was left

rodman works great as well but i would love to see what the above combo could do together

I agree 100%.  I wouldn't have given it a second thought. 
1/27/2015 3:14 PM
So, I'll just comment on the players he actually picked. How many people can argue that there's a better 1 or 2 (I prefer LeBron @ point) or 3 (Worm's reb numbers at sf are crazy). And you're going to have holes to fill after your first two picks. My concern is that he's going to be strolling into the 5th round with 6.5 usg points. I think you could piece together a good starting lineup if you're looking for players who do 2 or 3 good things without much concern for individual and team usage. But with usage being an issue, especially with LeBron on the bench for 10+ minutes, it's going to be an issue. I can think of a couple guys you could pick up in the 5th and 6th that would help, but there's a good reason they'd still be available.

But what do I know? Both guys are worthy of top 4 picks. Good luck, dude!
1/27/2015 3:16 PM
Michael Jordan, thank you.
1/27/2015 3:22 PM
I wanted despratlly to put LBJ with (you know who). However I got caught up listening to others... I still believe Rodman/LBJ was the wiser choice, but if I had it to do over again I would have most likely gone with my gut.
1/27/2015 3:27 PM
you know who is officially off the board
1/27/2015 3:31 PM
That he is.
1/27/2015 3:35 PM
LeBron and MJ would be great, but if you aren't addressing rebounds until the 5th round, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A BAD TIME.
1/27/2015 3:40 PM
123456 Next ▸
ODL 51 commentary and such Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.