I love your program, coach, but I just can't sign Topic

Got a message from a recruit who is green for me saying "I love your program, coach, but I just can't sign that letter without speaking to you guys in person or seeing the campus. I need some time to consider my options." As it would happen... I'm pretty much broke and don't want to spend my last dollars on him when I could use them to push yellow recruits. Has anyone had a player like this before, and will they eventually sign with me even if I don't scout, send a coach, or CV? 

1/31/2015 7:30 PM
No they won't. Players need one face to face. If your coach scouted him during the season and he started green for you, he will not sign unless you have at least one assistant coach scout.
1/31/2015 7:41 PM
Just to be clear of the history-- I send out a $10 AC call, the guy goes green. Without scouting him at all (since the kid is probably just going to fill out the roster for at least 2-3 years) I send out a scholarship offer. 
1/31/2015 7:42 PM
Thanks Dublin. Kinda figured but just wanted to make sure. 
1/31/2015 7:43 PM
I love your program, coach, but I just can't sign Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.