30 SVS in DIII, a bug? Topic

I am on 30 SVS on a player, still not sure he will accept. The first cycle, it went, continue on, we will have a new signing soon. Then it went crazy on the second cycle (10 SVS) where all I got was worst infos, mostly he seems enamored with the big boys, we are not in their league... etc.

Is this a bug? How can I go from ... almost signing the kid to not in their league, enamored. He still undecided for your information.

Is this a bug?
3/1/2015 9:04 AM
It happens....I feel like the last few sentences are very confusing....I don't know if they have value or are window dressing....try sending a hv.
3/1/2015 9:18 AM
I sent 20 SVS... Do you suggest, I drop the 10 SVS more and try to send a HV? It is truly destroying my recruiting effort.
3/1/2015 9:20 AM
what was the phone call reponse
3/1/2015 9:21 AM
Hey Coach, thanks for the call to chat about Derek Ratliff. I'm sure you're in a tough position but I think it's right to be honest with you - I've heard him mention Mt. St. Joseph as a potential backup in case other options don't work out.

I don't remember if I mentioned this to you already or not, but we primarily run a fastbreak offense. Relative to the other kids on the team, I'd say his knowledge of the fastbreak is great.

Defensively, we primarily play halfcourt press/zone.

Bob Smith
Head Basketball Coach
Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy
3/1/2015 9:28 AM
sometimes two people are going for the same recruit, and for some reason, that makes it much harder for either to show up. that may be what is happening. you definitely interpreted the phone call correctly, but there have been very rare cases where phone call responses were demonstrably wrong.
3/1/2015 9:35 AM
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2015 9:20:00 AM (view original):
I sent 20 SVS... Do you suggest, I drop the 10 SVS more and try to send a HV? It is truly destroying my recruiting effort.
try sending 1 sv an 1 hv next cycle
3/1/2015 9:35 AM
Thanks guys. I am really ******.
3/1/2015 9:47 AM
I've had to send way more than that on a recruit before.
3/1/2015 10:07 AM
Was it in DIII?
3/1/2015 10:17 AM
Yes. Granted, i think he was at the very outer limits of my pulldown range. But i did manage to pull him down.
3/1/2015 12:37 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2015 9:28:00 AM (view original):
Hey Coach, thanks for the call to chat about Derek Ratliff. I'm sure you're in a tough position but I think it's right to be honest with you - I've heard him mention Mt. St. Joseph as a potential backup in case other options don't work out.

I don't remember if I mentioned this to you already or not, but we primarily run a fastbreak offense. Relative to the other kids on the team, I'd say his knowledge of the fastbreak is great.

Defensively, we primarily play halfcourt press/zone.

Bob Smith
Head Basketball Coach
Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy
Just a word of future caution -- if the situation was as gillespie described and 2+ were recruiting/pulling down this recruit, then this post just tipped off the competition
3/1/2015 1:11 PM
This is very basic, but it was a mistake I made...only ONCE!!!   I hadn't offered a scholarship to the player I was trying to sign
3/1/2015 1:14 PM
Posted by alblack56 on 3/1/2015 1:14:00 PM (view original):
This is very basic, but it was a mistake I made...only ONCE!!!   I hadn't offered a scholarship to the player I was trying to sign
I agree, I've had players I simply could not get to consider me without a scholarship offer. Don't know if that's the case here, but I haven't had a dropdown take more than 15 SVs or so since I figured that out.
3/1/2015 3:17 PM
Ok, I figured it out and got the answer. It was never a DIII team going after my recruit. I needed 33 SVS because of this, it's a response to my ticket. I did get the player.

When a player like this is getting no interest from higher division teams, he'll be receptive, but as soon as he gets any interest from a higher division team, he may change his tune. That's what happened here. Even though he was never considering another team, he did get some interest from a DII team, which changes his expectation level.

I hope it helps others.
3/3/2015 10:52 AM
12 Next ▸
30 SVS in DIII, a bug? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.