Who has the best chance to beat Kentucky? Topic

Posted by whitey34 on 3/29/2015 3:26:00 PM (view original):
Emy you need to read before you type/open your mouth. Read the title of the thread. And read what happened when MSU played UNC. You missed the whole point.

Do you watch any Duke games? Every time Okafor has gone out due to foul trouble, Duke increased their lead. Obviously we don't want Okafor to get in foul trouble, but it's not really a killer.
And Duke hasn't played any teams with the size that Kentucky has Whitey.  You're literally saying that Duke is better with Okafor out.  If we increase the lead "every time he has gone out", then why do we play him in the first place?  According to your logic, our best five doesn't include Okafor, so why isn't his *** rooted to the bench?  Because it's you, good sir, who has missed the whole point.  Wherever you graduated from, you need to go back and get a refund because that was a huge waste of both your time and your money.

You're still hung up on the Michigan State--UNC game and you don't even realize that by saying he took an "overachieving" team to the title game that you're doing nothing but proving MY point.  How many other coaches could have taken THAT "overachieving" Spartan team to the title game?  Huh, how many?  Maybe one or two?  Do you get it now?  He got that team much farther than they should have gone, just as he has done with this year's team.  DO YOU GET IT NOW?  Or are you going to keep your head buried in the sand and keep talking about getting blown out in a game that he "NEVER SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN TO IN THE FIRST PLACE"?

And by the way, I'm an adult, probably older than you.  So don't EVER tell me what I need to do or don't need to do.  I'm not a kid, don't try to treat me like one.

3/29/2015 5:00 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/29/2015 9:23:00 AM (view original):
I like that Izzo debate but let's be honest, Michigan State is the weakest of the teams left. They'll lose to Louisville and Harrell. If Rozier plays normally, it is a sure win. Now, yesterday, coaching made the difference. How come you find no solution for Towns? I mean, double up, take your chances, change things up. Second, at the end of the game, where is the ball movement? Why is Grant left by himself dribbling ... nobody is moving... He had three chances to score points and came up short because the offense had stopped playing. Continue to run your offense. The Harrison kept their poise and made shots... On the other hand, the coach of Notre Dame left the building and thought a miracle could happen without any end game plan. Kentucky got their scare, now they'll get even tougher challenges. I don't know what will happen but they have to prepare for Wisconsin, then Duke. Cause Duke is winning that side of the bracket. Write it down.

Still think it's a sure win Zorzii?  Still think they lose to Louisville and Harrell?  Like I said in my other post, that's why the games are played in real life and not on paper.
3/29/2015 5:05 PM
Emy you need to read before you type/open your mouth. Read the title of the thread. And read what happened when MSU played UNC. You missed the whole point.

Do you watch any Duke games? Every time Okafor has gone out due to foul trouble, Duke increased their lead. Obviously we don't want Okafor to get in foul trouble, but it's not really a killer.
Heh, you telling me to read the thread and you're referencing a game that took place how many years ago?  Please.  Are you trying to troll or is this just natural for you?  Someone disagrees with you and the first thing you yell is that they need to shut their mouth.

How come no reply to my Memphis/Derrick Rose example?  That took place in high school Whitey, yet Memphis had to vacate all those wins.  Why the difference between them and Duke/Maggette?

3/29/2015 5:13 PM (edited)
You must be a crack addict adult. Burn a few to many when you were younger too? The thread says who has the best chance to beat UK. MSU has no shot. Get that thru your crack head. How many titles Izzo have? Great coach but not the best. I answered the thread and proved it by the last time they overachieved to get dominated by a way better team. Read those words carefully as they do not prove anything about your point.

Did I say they were a better team without Okafor???????????? Man you are a complete retard. I simply proved a point that it's not as big of a deal if he gets in foul trouble.

Duke played UNC with some size and won at Wisconsin which has some size. It's not like UK, but they were good test and they passed them. I in no way say they are a lock to beat UK, but It's not the size that will matter as much as their depth.
3/29/2015 5:14 PM
You are a real clown. Read the post Moron as I already addressed Rose. Not repeating myself to someone with no brain.
3/29/2015 5:15 PM
Wow,   You   a....r.....e       r......e.....a......l.....l....y    s......l....o.....w!
3/29/2015 6:00 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 3/29/2015 5:13:00 PM (view original):

Heh, you telling me to read the thread and you're referencing a game that took place how many years ago?  Please.  Are you trying to troll or is this just natural for you?  Someone disagrees with you and the first thing you yell is that they need to shut their mouth.

How come no reply to my Memphis/Derrick Rose example?  That took place in high school Whitey, yet Memphis had to vacate all those wins.  Why the difference between them and Duke/Maggette?

He did answer that .. he said that the taking money rules violation is not as severe as the having someone take your test rules violation.  I think that is silly, ineligible is ineligible.  You either are or are not ineligible.  They should both be handled the same way.

I personally think that both, while happening in high school, are actually on the player and not on the team.  I don't think either should be held against the coach or the University unless one can show that an official at the university actually knew or participated.  So, I think the Rose and Maggette things should have been handled the way they did it at Duke.

I mean, they did not take away games from Georgia Football when they found out that Todd Gurley got cash for autographs.  That kind of stuff is on the player.  When a player does that and the school or coach are not involved .. they should take away that player's stats and any awards he won.  They should not take away wins from the team (IMHO) or punish the school or the coach.  Now, if the coach or school know and condoned it or tried to cover it up, then that is another story.

3/29/2015 7:45 PM
Well, I saw both games. Great tourney, great games, really happy about this time of year where you see all the best prospects going at it.

I had some thoughts after the games.

1) What will happen to Gonzaga next year, they do get some players back.
2) Kentucky does not have a Winslow... he is simply the best athlete in the final four.
3) Can Kaminsky and Dekker dominate enough to put Wisconsin into the final game.
4) If I was an NBA executive, what are my thoughts on Towns, Winslow and Towns?

Honestly, a final Kentucky-Duke is a final to remember. Hopefully, we'll get that.
3/29/2015 7:48 PM
Meant Okafor, Winslow and Towns.
3/29/2015 7:49 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 3/29/2015 7:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 3/29/2015 5:13:00 PM (view original):

He did answer that .. he said that the taking money rules violation is not as severe as the having someone take your test rules violation.  I think that is silly, ineligible is ineligible.  You either are or are not ineligible.  They should both be handled the same way.

I personally think that both, while happening in high school, are actually on the player and not on the team.  I don't think either should be held against the coach or the University unless one can show that an official at the university actually knew or participated.  So, I think the Rose and Maggette things should have been handled the way they did it at Duke.

I mean, they did not take away games from Georgia Football when they found out that Todd Gurley got cash for autographs.  That kind of stuff is on the player.  When a player does that and the school or coach are not involved .. they should take away that player's stats and any awards he won.  They should not take away wins from the team (IMHO) or punish the school or the coach.  Now, if the coach or school know and condoned it or tried to cover it up, then that is another story.

I see your point and actually agree with most of it.  But try telling that to the Michigan basketball program.  Or any other number of programs who were put on probation for violations that a player committed.  The player represents the University and right or wrong, the University more often than not takes a hit also when the player screws up.  I know I read somewhere you had said that you had a long career in the military.  How many times did you see a chain of command take the fall for the actions of some idiot under their command?  It's just the way the system is set up and to make it right means to change the whole system which I am not necessarily opposed to. 

But, unfortunately, it's often that it's far more than just the knucklehead who are held accountable when the **** hits the fan.  As a said I'm a huge Duke fan.  My voice is gone right now from so much yelling during the Gonzaga game.  But as big of a business as big-time college basketball is and as much as the assistant coaches are around these players and (here's the big one) as much as kids like to shoot off at the mouth, it'll take an awful lot for me to believe that Duke did NOT know that Corey Maggette had been paid before they offered him a scholarship.  I just don't buy it.  And it happens at ALL the big boy schools with all the top prospects.  It really boils down to who can hide it the best.  To believe anything else is just naive.  The NCAA needs to tear down that farce of a facade they have claiming "amateur athletics" and go on and pay these players.  Either that or quit making a killing off of them financially by selling replica jerseys and broadcasting their games to a nationwide/worldwide audience.

I used to be in the camp of "well they get a free education, blah, blah, blah".  That's a pittance compared to what these kids bring into these schools and organizations monetarily.  College kids getting paid under the table is the worst kept secret out there.  At least quit trying to clumsily hide it and just get the **** out in the open.  People aren't going to care if they see college kids getting paid, they're getting paid already anyway.  And those trying to hang on to college athletics being the last bastion of truly amateur competition are about 125 years behind the times.  All big time college sports are right now are minor leagues for the pros anyway, quit trying to hide that and just let the truth out.  Everyone would feel so much more liberated if they did.  Right now it's a joke.

3/29/2015 8:04 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/29/2015 7:48:00 PM (view original):
Well, I saw both games. Great tourney, great games, really happy about this time of year where you see all the best prospects going at it.

I had some thoughts after the games.

1) What will happen to Gonzaga next year, they do get some players back.
2) Kentucky does not have a Winslow... he is simply the best athlete in the final four.
3) Can Kaminsky and Dekker dominate enough to put Wisconsin into the final game.
4) If I was an NBA executive, what are my thoughts on Towns, Winslow and Towns?

Honestly, a final Kentucky-Duke is a final to remember. Hopefully, we'll get that.
I'll give it a shot.

1)  They'll be back, maybe not to the Elite Eight but they don't rebuild anymore, they reload.  Like the big boys.
2)  Okafor gets the press, but Winslow is probably Duke's best all-around player and very arguably their most important,
3)  They better bring their A+ games.  If they do, and can stay on the floor and out of foul trouble, they've got a decent chance.
4)  Okafor--already has all the NBA moves.  Questions about his explosiveness though.  Plays below the rim.
     Winslow--WOW, what an athlete!  Jack-of-all trades, but unfortunately master of none.  A poor man's Michael Kidd-Gilchrist on defense, a rich man's Michael   Kidd-Gilchrist on offense.
    Towns--NBA game, questions about fitness?  Probably the best pro of the three.

3/29/2015 8:13 PM
The problem with Michigan is that the booster had to close of ties with michigan.
3/29/2015 8:16 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 3/23/2015 7:18:00 AM (view original):
West Virginia could give UK some trouble if they can make it a ragged, ugly game.  In other words, a typical Bob Huggins coached team game.

Notre Dame, for as good as they are offensively, are just too small.  Wichita State, meh.

I think of the teams remaining, these teams would have the best chance.  Please note, I'm not saying necessarily that they "will" win, only that they would have the "best chance":

Arizona, Duke, Wisconsin, Louisville. 

Why Louisville?  Rivalry game and of the biggest proportions at that stage.

Arizona plays such good defense and rebounds so well that it's hard to see either team having anything resembling a comfortable margin throughout the entire game.

Wisconsin is Wisconsin, fundamentally sound, better offense than usual, not quite as good of a defense as usual.  Frank Kaminsky really would be the X factor in that game.  He's a nightmare matchup for your average big man.

Duke would have to win by outscoring Kentucky, but when they bring their A+ game, no one in the country scores as easily as they do.  Jahlil Okafor versus that UK front line would be, literally, epic.

The only other team that I think might have a realistic chance is Michigan State and that is simply because of Tom Izzo.  At this point, he needs to just legally change his name to Mr. March Madness.  When it comes down to the "one-and-you're done" aspect of the NCAA tournament, I don't believe that anyone is tougher to eliminate than he is.  I'm a huge Duke fan (and have zero love for the Spartans) and yes, that last statement includes Mike Krzyzewski.  If I needed a coach to win me one single NCAA tournament game, I think Tom Izzo is as good of a choice as anybody alive.

This was my post on the second page of the thread Whitey.  Since you're all on the "What's the title of the thread" kick, well, here you go.  Please note this was made before the Sweet Sixteen started.  Please note that I missed on West Virginia badly. 

Please note also, that of the teams I named, all of them won their Sweet Sixteen games, and three of them are in the Final Four along with Kentucky.  Please also note that one of those is Michigan State and Tom Izzo.  Now when you want need to really know something about college basketball, you'll know where to turn.  Heh, amateur.

No more need for me to say anything else on this thread.

3/29/2015 8:25 PM
Posted by whitey34 on 3/29/2015 8:16:00 PM (view original):
The problem with Michigan is that the booster had to close of ties with michigan.
And they still had to vacate all those wins and take down all those banners.  Whether he had to close off contact or not.  The runners-up banners are still in the basement in storage.  Watch 30 for 30.

And now...I'm done.

3/29/2015 8:26 PM
Gonzaga gets back

Sabonis Sophomore (he is going to be special)
Karnowski Senior
Wiltjer Senior

The frontline looks good.

They are losing Wesley and Pangos and Bell Jr, which means they need to revamp their guards situation.

So will have to see how they recruited the past years. What type of players they have on their bench.

3/29/2015 8:43 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...13 Next ▸
Who has the best chance to beat Kentucky? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.