Black Voters Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Stephen A Smith is a fucktard. 

Poorer people generally vote Democrat, regardless of race.
3/19/2015 11:05 AM
And not voting for party A doesn't mean you didn't consider party A.

Add one more to the Stephen A is retarded pile.
3/19/2015 11:10 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/19/2015 11:05:00 AM (view original):

OK, it's not entirely that simple, so I'll add to that. Black people recognize that their race is still at a disadvantage. The democratic party is generally more accepting of that fact, and are more likely to take steps to "help." So they often get the vote.

That said, I'd guess that the African-Americans voting "red" are also significantly wealthier on average than those voting "blue." Poor people vote democrat, rich people vote republican.
3/19/2015 11:11 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 3/19/2015 11:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 3/19/2015 11:10:00 AM (view original):
And not voting for party A doesn't mean you didn't consider party A.

Add one more to the Stephen A is retarded pile.
Do you think all voters make informed voting decisions?  In particular, poor people?
I'm sure some voters (of all demographics) make informed choices and others do not.

My cousin's husband is a ******* retard when it comes to politics. He's poor (he's studying to be a Christian missionary) and votes GOP without fail.

3/19/2015 11:19 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 3/19/2015 11:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/19/2015 11:05:00 AM (view original):

That is true.

But do poor people vote Democrat based on an informed opinion, or do they vote Democrat because they feel that they're supposed to vote Democratic because they're poor, and that's what poor people are "supposed" to do?

I'd argue a lot of people vote without having too much of an informed opinion, regardless of race or income level. If you lean liberal on most issues, you can make a guess that voting for the person running as a Democrat would be in your best interests. I'll admit to doing this the first time I did vote. Since then I've done my best to be informed on the issues and where the candidates stood on them.
3/19/2015 11:22 AM
I think the idea that black people should be shamed for voting Democrat is ridiculous. The GOP doesn't attempt to reach blacks. Should blacks vote GOP and then hope that Republicans will see the light? "Oh hey, blacks have started voting for us, I guess we should stop being such ******** to black people."
3/19/2015 11:24 AM
The South is poor as ****. What party do you think they vote for?
3/19/2015 11:28 AM
Yea. It's sort of like arguing "vote republican if you're poor and maybe they'll lower your tax burden since you're voting for them."
3/19/2015 11:28 AM
123 Next ▸
Black Voters Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.