Knight simmed at 5pm? I'm confused Topic

Resim is the only fair solution, if for no other reason then their own words said no Sim 03/25.  Since there was a Sim it must be corrected with a do over!
3/26/2015 7:44 AM
Apparently what happened is that these tournament games were scheduled after I had already completed the pushback for the maintenance period.  That's why they ended up scheduled for Wednesday.  I didn't think about those games being scheduled during that time, so that's my fault.  I apologize for the mess.

Here's the plan:

I'm going to wipe out any results that played yesterday.  This will take some time to make sure that I get all the appropriate data corrected.

I'll keep track of who won the wiped out games.  If anyone ends up finishing worse in the re-sim than they did the first time around, I'll issue some credit compensation.

3/26/2015 8:20 AM (edited)
Posted by dacj501 on 3/26/2015 3:06:00 AM (view original):
I too lost in this mysterious round, but I had set my gameplan, so I'm not as upset about it. I did sign on at about 1 am with the express intent of taking one final look at my settings before gametime to find I'd lost 8 hours prior...

Resimming won't work. They've now played the E8 games (also at a weird time - and if you think the coaches that lost the early S16 games have a gripe at least they had a reasonable time to enter something of a gameplan...those that lost the E8 games probably didn't even know they were in them) and the Final 4...how do you resim and maybe take a coach out of the title game?

**** happens and I get it, and yeah, we are probably out of luck ultimately. The fairest compensation would be to give all 48 coaches (16 from each division, right?) the champions reward points since conceivably we all could have won it...but that's a lot of points so like emy I am hoping for some kind of apology and a credit...

seble, I get that these things happen - thanks for posting and I don't envy you trying to sort it all out...
Or, give people credits for the next highest round.

For example, I lost to Oklahoma in the S16.  Shoot over credit for the E8 for the losers in S16 and so on.

I'm not really upset, since I was a 15 seed in the S16 and playing quite possibly the national championship team in OU. 

3/26/2015 8:22 AM
Let's just re-sim the whole tourney so I can hopefully get out of the first round!
3/26/2015 8:25 AM
I'm in the Championship Game vs undefeated UCONN. So if I (and/or UCONN) end up losing in the Sweet 16, Elite 8, or Final 4 game, we will still receive Championship Game reward points, correct?
3/26/2015 8:31 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 3/26/2015 8:31:00 AM (view original):
I'm in the Championship Game vs undefeated UCONN. So if I (and/or UCONN) end up losing in the Sweet 16, Elite 8, or Final 4 game, we will still receive Championship Game reward points, correct?
That's the way it reads. 

Good luck either way!

3/26/2015 8:37 AM
This is the best course of action.  Thanks, seble.

Please consider contacting the affected coaches by any available methods - sitemail, email, whatever.  Not everyone reads the forums.

3/26/2015 9:25 AM
While this is probably the best solution it does punish teams that won a Sweet 16 or later game. Now the coach of the losing team can see how the winning coach game planned for his team and make adjustments. This is very unfair to a team that won a Sweet 16 or beyond game.
3/26/2015 10:09 AM
Posted by seble on 3/26/2015 8:20:00 AM (view original):
Apparently what happened is that these tournament games were scheduled after I had already completed the pushback for the maintenance period.  That's why they ended up scheduled for Wednesday.  I didn't think about those games being scheduled during that time, so that's my fault.  I apologize for the mess.

Here's the plan:

I'm going to wipe out any results that played yesterday.  This will take some time to make sure that I get all the appropriate data corrected.

I'll keep track of who won the wiped out games.  If anyone ends up finishing worse in the re-sim than they did the first time around, I'll issue some credit compensation.

Thanks for being reasonable about this Seble.  As someone said, it's really a lose-lose proposition and I think it shows a lot of courage and guts to do what you're doing here.  I also think that what you're doing is the correct thing and I don't say that just because I was one of the coaches affected.  What was put out was that the games wouldn't resume simming until last night and I'm glad that you're sticking to your schedule on this one. 

Thank you for the apology, thank you for being rational about this, thank you trying your best to make this as fair as possible for anyone involved, and thank you for making the right call and doing the right thing.  It takes a set to stand up in front of an angry mob and admit it was your fault, apologize for the error, and vow to fix it correctly, even knowing that will bring hate and venom from the other set of coaches.  Takes a brass set.  Color me impressed.

3/26/2015 10:18 AM
Initially, I agreed with you, tooslim. However, what if the winning team didn't gameplan either. Perhaps they benefitted by their own lack of game planning. Really, this is no different than if the two teams had met earlier In The season. The winning coach also has the opportunity to fine tune their own plan.

3/26/2015 10:20 AM
Sounds like a fair plan to me.
3/26/2015 10:28 AM
dcy0827 - I don't see any PIT games that simmed on the 25th.  Where are you seeing that?
3/26/2015 11:43 AM
sounds decent, but what about prestige effects?
3/26/2015 12:22 PM
What day and time should we expect the games to sim this time? I'm hoping there will be a message/link in the coaches' corner some time soon.
3/26/2015 12:29 PM
I believe all the data is now corrected, and games are re-scheduled for tomorrow.  I've also posted a note on the office page for Knight explaining the situation.  If anyone notices any issues related to this, please submit a support ticket.  Thanks.
3/26/2015 12:37 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...8 Next ▸
Knight simmed at 5pm? I'm confused Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.