Date Opponent Record RPI SOS Coach Record Against Spread Result
03/24/15 am Florida Tech. 22-8 91 192 blapo21 4-0 even 50-65 w
03/26/15 am at Concordia, St. Paul 23-8 42 84 Weena 7-8 +1 50-61 l
03/26/15 pm Off Day

Based on me, no OT game on the 25th
3/26/2015 1:07 PM
Pt game
3/26/2015 1:10 PM
Wasn't even aware of this thread or the issues until I saw the message in the Knight team pages - just posted this in my conference chat:

"vandydave
what the heck? they have un-played the tournament games and I'm now back at the sweet 16?!? I won those games, they were simmed but now they are erased? Huge advantage to the teams that lost those games to change their gameplans. I don't care about WIS credits, I care about the program and recruiting prestige earned, will UConn and other winning programs be given that as well? I've been pondering dropping some of my HD teams in other worlds, I will absolutely be doing that now, that's not a threat, it's simply a fact. You can't un-ring a bell and you can't un-sim a game..."

I get that this is a tough situation for WIS, I get that it's a lose-lose for them, I get that re-simming the games was a potential "solution", doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. I'm not looking for debate, I see both sides, but I choose my side.

3/26/2015 1:48 PM
I can't seem to quote the last part of your message vandy - but this is the best line I have seen on the board in a while: 
I see both sides, but I choose my side. 

3/26/2015 1:58 PM
Sigh.
3/26/2015 2:08 PM
So you go all the way back to 16 teams? It is not right to change anything. Now the teams I beat know what my game plan was. How do you know they didn't have the plan set that they wanted to start with? Been about to quit this game this just makes it easier.
3/26/2015 2:41 PM
If it had been me, I would have had to let the S16 stand, even though it was very poor administration, and issue some extra credits to teams that lost in that round.  But I can't see any argument that later games should have counted.  Literally nobody gameplanned for the E8, so any "gameplan" you saw for your opponents was a wash anyway.
3/26/2015 2:45 PM
Posted by seble on 3/26/2015 11:43:00 AM (view original):
dcy0827 - I don't see any PIT games that simmed on the 25th.  Where are you seeing that?
Don't worry about it Seble, I think I was looking at it the wrong way.  And even if I wasn't, this has been far too much of a headache for you anyway.  The more I talk myself through the PIT thing, the more I believe it to be an error on my part.  Please just let the PIT thing go, even if it needs fixed (and in my case, I now don't believe it does).

Also, thank you for being responsive to the NT coaches in regards to their games simming well before they were supposed to.  That took some courage to make the correct call to re-do the games.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

3/26/2015 2:45 PM
You're gonna be super ****** when my team doesn't get upstet and destroys your in the FF.   Is that to much?  I feel like trash talk is the right answer to whiney people.....
3/26/2015 2:46 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 3/26/2015 2:46:00 PM (view original):
You're gonna be super ****** when my team doesn't get upstet and destroys your in the FF.   Is that to much?  I feel like trash talk is the right answer to whiney people.....
In what way is you losing to any other team left in your quarter qualified as an upset?  I can't believe I lost a game to you this season...
3/26/2015 2:48 PM
(D3): kbates1948 & ldhmnh got humped in the *** pretty good in this debacle. Now they have to run through the Tournamet twice??? Clearly, they were the best teams this season. But to retract the games and make them do it over is just wrong. I "get" the game-planning debate, but it wasn't clear and circumstantial that they would have lost regardless of moving your defense out or in a couple notches. I can't imagine a change in outcome would be justified.
3/26/2015 3:16 PM
under all possible standards of equity (with the exception of possibly one, which is addressed below), seble is doing the right thing. he is re-simming the games and crediting anyone who ends up worse off with what they would have won. i expect that would include game credits, prestige bumps, reputation, etc. 

the only plausible way to say this isn't "justified" or to choose to leave it as is, is if you believe that WIS should reward accidents above all else. because that's what happened...the dual sim was an accident. and if that's the standard, why are we wasting time gameplanning, setting rosters, exchanging ideas and strategies in the forums, etc.? for WIS to work at its best, according to this warped logic, everyone should set their depth charts and gameplans at the beginning of the season, sit back and let the chips fall where they may. if, however, we value user input and actual coaching, and there is a way to undo the accident (clearly there is and admin did a great job of addressing it promptly and coming up with the most equitable solution), that's what should be done.  
3/26/2015 4:22 PM
"Should reward accidents." ( Jtt) Flawed statement already. The games were sim'd already. Was this an "accident?" The engine already "knows" which team is going to win, regardless of game-planning, which some think isn't that important anyhow. Is this/was this an accident? And, if you want to call the previously sim'd games in this tournament "accidents," how many other games can be called "accidents?" I'm not here to bash on Seble, I love HD, but the simulations should have stood, regardless of game-planning. Name me a sport where they deem a "do-over" appropriate... Can't include playing wiffle ball in the back yard - or the like.
3/26/2015 4:49 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 3/26/2015 2:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 3/26/2015 2:46:00 PM (view original):
In what way is you losing to any other team left in your quarter qualified as an upset?  I can't believe I lost a game to you this season...
That's two games this season but who is counting.....it would have been three if you were able to get through those blasted SIM teams the CT.
3/26/2015 4:55 PM
Posted by anavrin on 3/26/2015 3:16:00 PM (view original):
(D3): kbates1948 & ldhmnh got humped in the *** pretty good in this debacle. Now they have to run through the Tournamet twice??? Clearly, they were the best teams this season. But to retract the games and make them do it over is just wrong. I "get" the game-planning debate, but it wasn't clear and circumstantial that they would have lost regardless of moving your defense out or in a couple notches. I can't imagine a change in outcome would be justified.
That's horse ****.  There are 8 teams left with a legit chance of winning and 4 that REALLY could win.     I don't think there is clearly anything.  And when I say horse ****, I mean that in the nicest possible way a person can say horse ****.
3/26/2015 4:59 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
Knight simmed at 5pm? I'm confused Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.