The Tale of Four Seasons (Season IV) Topic

This is the 4th season of this theme. Season III is just starting the playoffs now. Season III was very entertaining and quite offense-oriented. Half of the teams in the league scored over 1000 runs (that means an average of about 6.2 runs per game!). As usual, I'm tweaking the rules to keep things fresh.

My take on creating a theme is to make it seem like your team has the strengths and weaknesses of a "normal" MLB team.

1. Pick a franchise.
2. Pick 2 seasons of your franchise ** 1985 - 2014 ** and select all your pitching from those seasons. No twists.
3. Pick 2 seasons of your franchise ** 1985 - 2014 ** and select all your position players from those seasons. No twists.
4. Substitute one player from either your pitchers or your position players with a star from your franchise ** 1985 - 2014 **.
5. 200K scrubs can be from any season ** 1985 - 2014 ** of your franchise.
6. Pick any ballpark, but league-wide uniqueness is on.

Other details:

80 mill cap
DH Yes
AAA 6/4 AA Manual from the 5 seasons of your franchise already selected. You may take pitchers from position player seasons, and vice versa. You are also allowed to take any players from the "star" player's season.
Trades No
WW No
clones No
injuries No

Each franchise can be selected by two different owners, and their teams will be placed in opposite leagues.

LEAGUE NUMBER IS:

Please sign up below with your chosen franchise and ballpark.
5/6/2015 10:11 PM
OWNER FRANCHISE STADIUM
1. Datatrek Jays TBA
2. ddodge02 Cards TBA
3. bronxcheer Reds Memorial Stadium (Baltimore)
4. jfranco77 TBA TBA

5/9/2015 10:29 PM (edited)
I'm in too... TBA
5/8/2015 8:12 PM
I'LL GO WITH THE REDS AT MEMORIAL STADIUM(BALT.)
5/9/2015 8:18 PM
Above average for the manual AAA, right? 
5/12/2015 11:04 AM
Yes...I think so. I'm not sure whether "random" would be better. I'm hoping for a relatively open manual AAA, since you are only allowed a few seasons to select from.
5/12/2015 6:18 PM
Posted by Datatrek on 5/12/2015 6:18:00 PM (view original):
Yes...I think so. I'm not sure whether "random" would be better. I'm hoping for a relatively open manual AAA, since you are only allowed a few seasons to select from.
Random seems to go up to about 4.2mil for hitters and 5.2mil for pitchers. Might be a little high since you could put most of a team at AAA with that cap. Above average seems reasonable. It's hard to find a franchise with legions of elite guys at above average, forget about getting 2 or 3 elite guys from the same season.
5/13/2015 12:51 PM
bump!

That rhymes with "sign up!"
5/16/2015 8:14 AM
OK, I'm going to try the Braves for this version. 
5/27/2015 1:31 PM
Let's get some momentum going with sign ups for this one!   Y'all aren't just afraid i'm going to 3-peat are you???
5/29/2015 2:53 PM
The Tale of Four Seasons (Season IV) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.