Shoeless Joe S27 Recruting-Full thanks Topic

S26 is completed and we have rolled!  I will add openings as they become available. 
One of the best blogs around:
hbd-shoeless-joe.weebly.com/index.html  Ongoing articles and regularly updated power rankings!

OPENINGS:

Buffalo Bubble Blowers: (80-82, 2nd place AL East): RESERVED
whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx
-Owner is leaving due to financial reasons.  Definitely a team in need of work but not too far away from wild card contention and only mid range salary constraints.

Oklahoma City October Knights: (92-70, 1st Place AL South): RESERVED

-This team is in great shape.  Solid young core, low payroll, lots spend on prospects recently.  Owner took over the franchise and built it up and is leaving it in your hands.  Can you win a title with it?

Santa Cruz Banana Slugs: (52-110, 4th place AL South):
-This team was a win floor casualty.  However, this benefits you.  Payroll was dropped way down and lots of $$ spent on prospects.  Plenty of flexibility here for you to shape the team how you see fit.

Sante Fe Fire: (49-113, 4th place NL South): RESERVED

-The other win floor casualty.  Similar situation: low payroll and over 30 mil spent on prospects last season.  Clearly an owner trying hard not to win helps set you up for having a solid franchise in the future.  Minors are WELL stocked. 

Syracuse Thunderwolves (63-99, 4th place AL North): RESERVED
-Team in transition from multiple owners.  Fairly low payroll, decent ML outfield and some talent on the farm. 

Indianapolis Hoosierdaddy (73-89, 4th place AL East): RESERVED
-Team on the cusp of contention.  Some very nice young hitters on the ML squad and very flexible payroll.  Add some pitching through FA and trades and you are right in the mix

Please sitemail me with interest or any questions.
6/24/2015 7:28 PM (edited)

Why Shoeless Joe?

Excellence: Shoeless Joe is consistently ranked amongst the top worlds in HBD.  Shoeless Joe was ranked #8 out of 161 total Hardball Dynasty Worlds (Green's World Rankings 4-20-10) and was ranked #16 out of 178 total Hardball Dynasty Worlds (dmurphy104's World Rankings 4-11-12).

Competition: We have not had a repeat champion since S13-14.  The last few years have seen new playoff teams and division winners.   We do have a win floor.

Community:
Shoeless Joe is part of a 3 world community along with BallPark Franks and Doubleday.  Many of the owners play in 2 or all 3 of the worlds and have been together for quite a while.  Years of drama free play.  Take the chance of joining something unique in HBD. 

Stability: Most years see 4 openings or less and we generally take a few days to a week at most to roll. A solid core of owners have been with the world for 15+ seasons, and there is a another group with 10+ seasons.

Rules

Win Minimum: All teams must win at least 55 games each season to remain with the world.  Any team winning between 55-59 is placed on 2 years probation and must improve their win total by at least 5 each season. 

Prospect Cap: No more than 30 million can be spend on prospects on any one season, to increase opportunity in the international market and incentivize owners to spend money on payroll

Cash in Trades: Cash in a trade cannot exceed the salary of the players being traded (eg. no buying players)

Maintain Minors: Minor leagues must be fully staffed and no long term pitchers at 0(0) will be tolerated
5/26/2015 7:25 PM
sounds to me like this is a great league to be in, oh wait, I am already in it (that WS trophy should be mine, mine, mine, all mine)
5/27/2015 12:54 PM
up
5/29/2015 5:22 AM
Site mail submitted
6/1/2015 10:04 PM
Join the trifecta...we will assimilate you.
6/2/2015 10:11 AM
bump
6/6/2015 10:55 PM
bump
6/9/2015 9:10 PM
Bump
6/11/2015 11:16 AM
Bump
6/15/2015 9:56 AM
down to 3, lets go
6/16/2015 9:59 PM
Bump
6/19/2015 9:36 AM
nice consistent league to be in.  Good group of owners
6/19/2015 10:48 AM
Bump - join for Fathers day!
6/20/2015 12:17 PM
Just one left, help us fill!
6/24/2015 7:28 PM
12 Next ▸
Shoeless Joe S27 Recruting-Full thanks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.