ARod Closing In On 3000 Topic

ARod at this point is only 13 hits from 3000. I haven't heard a thing about it in the media. Normally when a player is this close the media starts talking about it. When ARod was close to Mays' HR total, the media spoke about it.

So is 3000 hits a good milestone for ARod? Or is this total tainted by his PED use? Is ARod a HOFer?? Unlike Clemens or Bonds, ARod served a suspension for PEDs. Does that suspension help him or hurt him?
6/5/2015 5:18 PM
YES.YES.NO.HURT
6/5/2015 5:20 PM
Does a suspension for PEDs help or hurt him? WTF?

I think Kenny Lofton was one PED suspension away from being in the HOF.
6/5/2015 5:39 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
?

I care about baseball. Arod is one of the greatest baseball players of all time. That makes him relevant and his accomplishments important, even if he did get suspended for PEDs. PEDs have been part of baseball for over 50 years and they probably will be part of baseball for the rest of our lives.
6/5/2015 7:13 PM
Don't you mean "ARod is one of the greatest drug enhanced cheaters of all time"?
6/5/2015 8:10 PM
No, that isn't what I mean.
6/5/2015 8:15 PM
And I don't apply that qualification to Hank Aaron either.
6/5/2015 8:16 PM
What I meant by if the PED suspension helps or hurts ARod...he has gotten punished for his wrong doing. Guys like Bonds and Clemens never were punished in that concrete manner. So ARod paid his price, will voters for the HOF see it that way and vote for him knowing he has already done his time. I didn't explain that to see what kind of comments it might produce and generate discussion thinking maybe someone would think along those lines.

I'm watching the Yankees game tonight and ARod has passed Bonds for second on the RBI list and has two hits...now just 11 shy of 3000. However his number 13 probably will not get retired by the Yankees. Funny...Dave Winfield's number 31 (13 backwards) also won't get retired...two Yankees who really were great players, but who ownership didn't like.

I think a lot of Yankee fans appreciate ARod. You can't say the guy doesn't care. He wants to win, he wants to produce.
6/5/2015 8:54 PM
Bonds and Clemens were punished by the fact they aren't in the Hall. I don't see any staunch non-PED voter voting for ARod because he lost a season because he got caught.
6/5/2015 10:41 PM
Bonds and Clemens were never suspended by MLB. No teams signed Bonds when he could still play...possible collusion. But they were never suspended and paid a price. So you're right and that is my point...their punishment is not entering the HOF right away. Perahaps because ARod has gotten punished and he still has playing time to redeem his image, some voters might consider that when voting....that he has paid his price. Just a thought...
6/6/2015 12:50 PM
I get what you're saying but you're wrong.  PED users will be punished in perpetuity by the current baseball establishment.   There may come a time, deep into the future, when PEDs aren't considered the devil.   But it won't be in our lifetimes. 
6/6/2015 1:10 PM
ARod probably won't get in on the first ballot...but the voting culture might have changed by the time his 5 year waiting period is over once he retires. I could be wrong. Only time will tell. I'm not presenting this as what I believe in but as a possibility for a forum.

If I had a vote, Clemens, Bonds and ARod would all be first ballot HOFers. Their skills and careers were good enough to warrant it in my opinion. And I'm not necessarily a huge fan of any of them.
6/6/2015 1:23 PM
I think ARod is now and will continue to be held to a much higher level of "guilt" than Bonds, Clemens, et al.
6/6/2015 3:50 PM
You think that because you're a Yankee fan.  I don't think the rest of the world sees A-Rod as any more guilty than they saw Bonds around the time of his retirement.
6/6/2015 3:56 PM
1234 Next ▸
ARod Closing In On 3000 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.